Hi,

The battery lightning symbol wont stay on when I put the playbook in the cradle. The connection is loose.
    Any suggestion on how to get it tight again. I have to play around with it until I can get it to stay connected.

Thanks.
    04-06-13 02:21 PM
    Check the three pins in the dock. They are spring-loaded and sometimes one or more of them might lose their bounce/spring and not pop back up. Or there could also be a bit of corrosion on them. You can try using one of those electrical contact cleaner sprays (radio shack or similar) and using a toothpick, press in/out to loosen them up a bit. Also check for possible corrosion on the pb's contacts, too.
    akown10t likes this.
    04-06-13 02:57 PM
    Hi,

The battery lightning symbol wont stay on when I put the playbook in the cradle. The connection is loose.
    Any suggestion on how to get it tight again. I have to play around with it until I can get it to stay connected.

Thanks.
    They may not be loose...the cradle connects to the PlayBook with a magnetic attraction. Unfortunately, these contacts, on both the PlayBook and the cradle, get dirty. Sometimes there will be no connection at all, sometimes the bolt will flash on....and then off. You could even flip the PlayBook forward and then back into position multiple times, and the bolt will flash on...and off...and on....and off. It'll drive you crazy.

The only sure solution to this, I've found, is to get a nice, soft-ish pencil eraser and gently, but thoroughly, rub the contacts on both the PlayBook and cradle. You'll need to be especially gentle on the PlayBook's connectors, as these will tear up your eraser for no good reason, as extra pressure accomplishes nothing.

When you're all done, brush the shavings aside, and you'll find that your PlayBook charges right away.
    04-07-13 03:40 PM