Hello crackberry nation. I picked up my PB charging pod for $13.50, but I have a question

I want to leave the PB on the pod with the Today Alarm App for the clock and alarm on all night. What do you guys think will it burn out my battery or my screen after a while?
    12-21-11 10:50 PM
    No problem:

The current type of tablet screens do not burn-in.
    The batteries do not over-charge.
    12-21-11 10:52 PM
    Cool. So its ok to leave it on all day and night ?
    12-21-11 11:11 PM
    No problem:

The current type of tablet screens do not burn-in.
    The batteries do not over-charge.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said! He beat me to it

Yes, you can leave it on the pod with it plugged in. It will be fine. Another poster bought an extra PB for just that reason.
    12-21-11 11:11 PM
    op, where did u find a charging pod for $13.50? i WANT another one. or a rapid charger at that price!
    12-22-11 01:44 AM
    op, where did u find a charging pod for $13.50? i WANT another one. or a rapid charger at that price!
    and JAFO wants one too..beat ya to it

jafobabe likes this.
    12-22-11 01:57 AM
    Staples clearance. In-store only. Good luck!
    12-22-11 02:06 AM
    Staples clearance. In-store only. Good luck!
    Or best buy will price match if you get a staples receipt (from the same area)
    Stop playing with the scissors and try to keep up Jaf
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-22-11 02:11 AM
    Or best buy will price match if you get a staples receipt (from the same area)
    Stop playing with the scissors and try to keep up Jaf
    Huh??? Oh wait.... I can't get the scissors outta my hands! It's cuttin up my keyboard!!

Thank Goodness for the Gorilla Glass!!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-22-11 at 02:32 AM.
    12-22-11 02:26 AM
    I went to the Staples here in my town and they didn't have nairy a one.
    Then i went over to the playbook area and they didn't even have ANY chargers. How can they sell the playbooks they have left if they don't have chargers???? They only had the journal cases.

*stompin' foot*
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-22-11 02:30 AM

Yes, you can leave it on the pod with it plugged in. It will be fine. Another poster bought an extra PB for just that reason.
    Yep like they all said. Works great I did buy the second one just for this reason.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-22-11 02:41 AM
    Yep like they all said. Works great I did buy the second one just for this reason.
    I knew you'd show up if I mentioned it!! LOL
    12-22-11 02:45 AM
    Always around just don't always post.
    12-22-11 02:51 AM
    How can they sell the playbooks they have left if they don't have chargers????
    Because the PlayBook already comes with a charger in-box.
    12-22-11 03:48 AM
    Be a bit cautious about the claim of "no burn-in possible" with these screens. The same discussion has come up in the past, with the same claims (I made them myself once) and then counter-claims based on actual evidence showing that they can, in fact, "burn-in".

My Android phone has a nice after-image that either never goes away, or takes months to go away, showing the lock screen.

I, personally, would not yet use any alarm clock or other app on a regular basis which had the same image stuck on it, mostly unchanging.

The nature of the burn-in may be quite different than where the term originated (phosphor-based CRT screens) but that doesn't make it not possible.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-22-11 11:42 AM
    Because the PlayBook already comes with a charger in-box.
    LOL I know that silly I really meant the Rapid chargers.
    12-22-11 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD