hi guys, i have looked around for a thread that talks about this , but did not find it, but in case i missed it, mods dnt bite ma head off, lol.

okay that being said, my PB charger is not charging, i have ordered another one, but in the meantime while waiting, i have an ipad usb charger delivering 5V=2A, which is same as RIM PB high capacity chargers. so question is, is it safe to charge with ipad charger, has anyone tried it, what was the result...
    02-01-12 05:07 AM
    no idea on the trying part , u got to try it first to know about it .. ;-)
    kryptocb likes this.
    02-01-12 05:22 AM
    hi guys, i have looked around for a thread that talks about this , but did not find it, but in case i missed it, mods dnt bite ma head off, lol.

okay that being said, my PB charger is not charging, i have ordered another one, but in the meantime while waiting, i have an ipad usb charger delivering 5V=2A, which is same as RIM PB high capacity chargers. so question is, is it safe to charge with ipad charger, has anyone tried it, what was the result...

Do you mean that you have an Ipod charger with a USB port and you are suggesting simply swapping the lead to the Playbook lead? If so I have just tried it and it did not charge. Strange, I was convinced it would work. I normally use a HP Touchpad charger and that works fine.
    02-01-12 05:30 AM
    I'm afraid your PB might catch a cold or virus

But, seriously, I have no idea to. Let us wait for the experts to chime in.

Cheers
    02-01-12 05:34 AM
    Do you mean that you have an Ipod charger with a USB port and you are suggesting simply swapping the lead to the Playbook lead? If so I have just tried it and it did not charge. Strange, I was convinced it would work. I normally use a HP Touchpad charger and that works fine.
    ya, use the ipad lead with a playbook usb cable to charge, mm, strange, okay, mayb lets wait 4 other opinions
    02-01-12 05:43 AM
    You may need a charge only cable to use the iPad charger. I have a generic iPad charger for the car and it only works with a charge cable.
    02-01-12 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD