I'll explain what I get, then if anyone can post a straightforward solution it would be appreciated -

I have read the forums and got to this stage:

- I've stackcharged

- and now I get this:

Red light for 10 seconds then red battery with white lightening, then a single green flash for 1-2 seconds. If I leave charger plugged in this cycle keeps repeating. If I unplug and reinsert I get the same. Is it charging/do I leave it plugged in?

So any suggestions from this stage?

Thanks.
    02-02-13 08:11 AM
    Are you trying all this with the stock usb charger or something else? Use the stock usb wall charger from RIM and keep stack charging. Here was a good thread with good advice: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-732318/
    02-02-13 08:39 AM
    Save your usb port and use a surge protector and the button on it instead of plugging and unplugging.
    02-02-13 08:43 AM
    ...snip...Red light for 10 seconds then red battery with white lightening, then ..snip snip
    OK, first put down the moonshine on Saturday in the AM...
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-02-13 08:51 AM
    Yes, using Blackberry charger. But why a single green flash before it returns to red light?
    02-02-13 09:31 AM
    Yes, using Blackberry charger. But why a single green flash before it returns to red light?
    Not sure. Give this a read and see if it sheds some light:
    KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook battery power charge, discharge characteristics, and guidance on extending battery life
    02-02-13 09:50 AM
    Will try, thanks.
    02-02-13 09:54 AM
    If you search, someone has posted what all the PlayBook LED warning sequences mean. A key table for the blinking combinations. I can't find it. One other thing I did when one of my PBs died on low battery was plug in and hold the pwr button down for a long time trying to force a reboot during the pwr up cycle. Give this a shot too.
    02-02-13 10:06 AM
    Looking for that colour link - if I can find. And tried pwr button option to no avail.
    02-02-13 10:17 AM
    02-02-13 10:18 AM
    Will try, thanks. Typing and watching read light
    02-02-13 10:20 AM
    Looking for that colour link - if I can find. And tried pwr button option to no avail.
    Definitely post the thread link if you find it. Also, F2 is the PB "rise from the dead" expert around here. You can PM him if you still run into problems with the recharge.
    02-02-13 10:23 AM
    My son's Playbook died last year after being left in a discharged state for a month. Tried the stack charging to no avail with the same results. Since it was still in warranty, he sent it back and a month later received a repaired or replaced one. The trouble is he has so many toys, he left the Playbook sit for a while, probably without turning the wifi off, and now it's back to square one again and out of warranty. He tried stack charging again, but didn't have the patience to stay with it more than a few minutes. In my opinion the operating system has a big flaw that allows this to happen. BTW, the charger he's using is a 2 amp PB charger, not a low power phone charger. What we need is a low cost automatic stack charging timer!
    02-02-13 10:28 AM
    Try this one too, drop down to post #6 where he talks about holding down the pwr button or hard reset: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-help-746386/
    02-02-13 10:30 AM
    Dude, I read thru this one completely (already posted the link once), and a couple of people had your same problem of one red LED then one green. Just read thru it in detail, and I think you will find your answer. It also mentioned holding down pwr button and hard reset:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-732318/
    02-02-13 10:39 AM
    Dude, I read thru this one completely (already posted the link once), and a couple of people had your same problem of one red LED then one green. Just read thru it in detail, and I think you will find your answer. It also mentioned holding down pwr button and hard reset:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-732318/
    Cheers - still single green flash, then red light charge. Gonna leave on for a while and see if it boosts. Thanks for your help mate.
    02-02-13 10:43 AM
    Post your results when you can. Also seriously, send a PM to F2 and see if he can't resurrect it with you. And be sure to tip your waitress before you leave the restaurant...
    02-02-13 10:53 AM
    I had to revive a playbook with a totally flat battery a few months ago and found that stack charging didn't seem to help at all to the point where I even began to wonder if the usb port was faulty. But then I tried charging it with a playbook rapid charging dock which uses the charging pins next to the usb port and the playbook started to charge immediately with the glowing charge light which was soon followed by the battery charge symbol screen until it gradually came back to life. The usb port worked fine for both data and charging afterwards so it seems either stack charging is a dark art or in some situations it just doesn't work.
    02-02-13 12:14 PM
    It's certainly worth trying to revive a PB with a flat battery with all the hints and tips given above, but don't be too enthusiastic about it all... life is too short!

Instead, if after a few resuscitation attempts it's still dead, get on the phone to RIM customer support and talk them through the problem. They'll try a few things (make sure you have installed the Data Manager software on your PC), and if all else fails will probably arrange a return (an RMA).

RIM deserve huge credit for their RMA programme. It's free to the customer and, from various posts here on CB, RIM seem to be incredibly... erm, "flexible" over interpreting warranty dates. I read of one case where support registered a elderly PB (well out of warranty) and re-started a new warranty term during the phone call... and then arranged an RMA under that warranty. LOL
    02-02-13 01:26 PM
    Post your results when you can. Also seriously, send a PM to F2 and see if he can't resurrect it with you. And be sure to tip your waitress before you leave the restaurant...
    Thanks for the commendations but I don't haveme full bag of tricks with me in the Dolomites. but there should be suffient threads. takes patience and persistence.
    02-03-13 11:21 AM