Does anyone else out there have difficulty charging their PlayBook? I'll have it plugged into the wall charger all night & it doesn't charge. I'll have it plugged into my computer for hours & nothing. I haven't ever plugged it in incorrectly, so I haven't damaged the connection prongs in any way. I am very careful about things like that. I haven't dropped the tablet, spilled liquids on it or anything like that. It's been well cared for but it's now (only after one year) giving me issues where I am ready to throw it out the window.

I am not a huge fan of this tablet AT ALL!!! I'm predominantly an Apple user & after all the issues I've been having with this tablet, I may just switch over all together.
    10-16-12 11:14 AM
    First, trying to use a computer usb port to charge is not a good way as those ports provide very little power.

Are you using the official wall charger? If it has the folding plugs, fold/unfold a few times. Do you have access to another usb charger? Yours might be defective. Also look into the port area and make sure that the connector is level. Some folks have managed to bend them. If bent, try to gentle level it.

Good luck
    DC506 likes this.
    10-16-12 12:16 PM
    Besides F2's suggestions, if you're planning to keep the PB, consider buying either of the rapid chargers - the charging dock or rapid charger standalone. They use the magnetic contacts vs. the USB, and are much more reliable. As you may have read in other posts, the PB's battery/charging cycles do seem to get out of whack, but with a little persistence, also recover.
    DC506 likes this.
    10-16-12 02:32 PM
    Sometimes if you are not able to charge your tablet, cameras or other devices, the batteries take unusually long time. It happened with my Nikon D-60 camera's battery after I did not use it for weeks and the battery was still inside the camera. When I put it in charger, the charging never ended even kept it on overnight. Thought that the battery was dead and time to shed some bucks from pocket for the new battery. But then I started reading various forums and it was suggested to keep the battery on charger in some cases it took three days to get it fully charged. I left it in charges and after two more days finally the blinking charging light shut and since my cam battery is working fine.

So giving a long charge (for a couple of days) may fully charge the battery. Just give it a try.
    10-17-12 01:32 PM