maybe silly question, I have had a torch 9810 for a few months, and just purchased a playbook, love them both, is it safe and ok to use the chargers in both such as the car charger? or should I keep them on their own?
    02-09-12 02:59 PM
    Phone charger will be slow with the playbook
    and playbook charger won't do that much good to your phone i think..it's best if you use the right charger for each of your devices.
    02-09-12 03:07 PM
    maybe silly question, I have had a torch 9810 for a few months, and just purchased a playbook, love them both, is it safe and ok to use the chargers in both such as the car charger? or should I keep them on their own?
    Leaving the jargon out (amps, wattage, volts , its ok to use the BB phone/car charger on your PB, but it will take longer to get the PB charged due to its output.
    However, although your PB charger will charge your BB phone much faster, it will heat up which in the long run can damage the battery of your BB phone.
    02-09-12 03:27 PM
    You can use the PlayBook charger with your phone. It will actually charge your phone almost twice as fast as the regular charger.

Your phone charger won't charge the PlayBook but if you keep it plugged in, it will stay at the constant charge that it's at, won't drain but won't charge either.

I use my playbook charger on my phone all the time, no issues, and faster charge cycle.
    Sonshyne likes this.
    02-09-12 03:29 PM
    You can use the PlayBook charger with your phone. It will actually charge your phone almost twice as fast as the regular charger.

Your phone charger won't charge the PlayBook but if you keep it plugged in, it will stay at the constant charge that it's at, won't drain but won't charge either.

I use my playbook charger on my phone all the time, no issues, and faster charge cycle.
    I believe the phone charger will charge the PB as long as the PB's screen is turned off and is in Standby mode.
    02-09-12 03:32 PM
    You have to post the specs of the car charger for an answer to that question.
    The charger that comes with the PB is also sold by RIM as a "premium" charger for many phones. I have been using it since april with no issues on my 9800 and 9700.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-09-12 03:40 PM
    The Playbook charger should not harm any phone. It is my understanding that part of the USB standard (and both use a USB plug) that both thedevice and the charger communicate and determine the power capability of each other. Thus, the charger wont give more power than the device can handle, and the device wont ask for more power than the charger can give.
    02-09-12 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD