Hello:

I have both a BB and playbook. My PB seems to take forever to charge (8h-10h).
    I use the same charger for my BB and it only takes 2 hours to charge.

Some obvious reasoning is PB battery is bigger=longer charging time.

then I thought perhaps the PB charger is different in voltage or amps or whatever.
    I have 3-4 BB chargers lying around and cannot tell which one came with BB phone and which one came with PB and if there is any technical difference. ie voltage or amps or charging capability.

Can anyone shed light or is my scenario typical?
    06-12-12 03:11 PM
    Yes it puts out more.
    06-12-12 03:13 PM
    Yes, the PB charger is around 1.8A output compared to BB chargers at around .7A or .8A. The output should be printed on the charger if you can read the fine print.
    crazy canuck likes this.
    06-12-12 03:14 PM
    If you'd do a quick forum search you would find many informative threads already posted on this, as well as advice and recommendations. FWIW, I use my PB charger for both most of the time. With a PB OEM rapid charger, my PB will fully charge from 15% in about 2 to 2.5 hrs. Good luck.
    crazy canuck likes this.
    06-12-12 03:21 PM
    The PB charger looks like this.
    06-12-12 03:41 PM
    The BB Playbook Rapid travel charger using the magnetic port fully charges my PB in three hours and puts about 50% charge on in one hour. Battery Guru app ($0.99) is very useful if you want to check on charging rate and battery condition.
    Last edited by jpash549bb; 06-12-12 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Correct price to cat listing
    06-12-12 05:49 PM
    Why cant you tell the difference between your bb and pb charger?
    I thought the pb charger has a yellow end unlike the usual bb charger
    Or is this just in the uk?
    06-12-12 06:37 PM
    Why cant you tell the difference between your bb and pb charger?
    I thought the pb charger has a yellow end unlike the usual bb charger
    Or is this just in the uk?
    Must just be the UK. My phone came with a usb plug combo. The PB a single piece plug and cable. I was wondering also.
    06-12-12 06:44 PM
    This is what came with my playbook and i also got a usb cable too, must just be uk then
    06-12-12 06:53 PM
    The yellow port is probably just the uk as the oje i have which i bought in Canada is black.

I usually use my PB charger for both. It charges my 9900 quite fast.
    06-12-12 06:59 PM
    The main point here is output from your charger.. From what i observe, bb charger output is around 1A and pb charger is 2A.. Pb charger can charge bb but bb charger cant charge pb...
    06-13-12 03:14 AM
    The phone adapter makes for a very slow charge on the BB. I have several BB phones in my household.
    I put some red electrical tape on the end of my PB charger so I don't get them mixed up.
    06-13-12 09:15 PM
    My UK purchased 64GB has a yellow end.
    My 16GB received in a developer program also has a yellow end, although I have no idea where it was sent from... In the box there was a European socket plug, and a US one (no UK).
    06-14-12 03:47 AM
    I don't personally own a PB or BB, but there's a PB and a couple of BB cellphones in my house, but only one charger to be found, if they're lucky. One would assume the PB needs a higher amperage charger (I see 1.8 amps in a post above).

I have a Kobo Vox tablet eReader and it requires its own proprietary 2.0 amp charger. The USB plug is the same as for the PB, but the wiring is non-standard. If you connect any other USB charger to it, the battery indicator does not work and it won't even charge if it isn't at least 2.0 amps. Forget about charging from your computer, because that USB is only .750 amps. At least you can buy aftermarket chargers for the BB and PB. You can't even buy a Vox charger from Kobo at this time.
    06-21-12 09:22 AM
    I am in the U.S. and my PB came with the yellow ended charger.
    06-21-12 09:58 AM
    I am in the U.S. and my PB came with the yellow ended charger.
    Where do you order it from? You should have a black one if it was meant for the US.
    What are the specs on the yellow tip chargers?
    06-21-12 11:07 AM
    But a rapid charger for Playbook and use the one that came with PlayBook for the BlackBerry phones. Everything charges faster.
    06-21-12 07:31 PM
    Where do you order it from? You should have a black one if it was meant for the US.
    What are the specs on the yellow tip chargers?
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think RIM is switching out the shiny black chargers for the new orange tip ones for the newer models. I have received three Playbooks now (2 from 2011 and 1 from the developer giveaway earlier this year), and only the one I got this year had an orange tip. They charge slightly faster too.
    06-22-12 12:03 AM
    I wonder if rim is moving inventory around the world which means 'orange' chargers may be found in other locations now.
    06-22-12 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD