Today I receive my Playbook and the charger is for Canada ... Until I will find an adapter I want to use my charger that I have it for 9900.
    It is possible ?
    01-17-12 11:36 AM
    It will work just slowly. Best to turn it off while charging for best results. With the PB turned off you should see a flashing green light while charging and steady when it's complete.
    You may try to find a rapid charger for the PB. It's faster, easier to plug in and doesn't wear on the USB port. You could then use the PB charger as a rapid charger for your phone.
    01-17-12 11:40 AM
    Other chargers will work, but possibly very slowly in comparison. At the least, you'll want to make sure the screen is turned off (tablet in standby) or that the whole tablet is off when you do it. Do you know the specs for the output of the 9900 charger? (5V DC and some number of amps or milliamps, should be printed on the black case somewhere) The included charger does 1.8A output, while a PC can manage a bit under 0.5A (500mA) on the USB port. Whatever you see there should tell you roughly how it will do in comparison.
    Last edited by peter9477; 01-17-12 at 01:07 PM.
    01-17-12 11:43 AM
    5V 700mA are the specification from the 9900 charger
    01-17-12 11:48 AM
    Just use a plug adapter on the PlayBook charger, it is auto-voltage 110-220v. Your phone charger will not work very well.
    01-17-12 12:08 PM
    The problem is not the charger ... just the plug ... is different in Europa comparing with USA or Canada ...
    I can charge it using USB cable but I am sure that will be slowly ...
    01-17-12 12:12 PM
    The problem is not the charger ... just the plug ... is different in Europa comparing with USA or Canada ...
    I can charge it using USB cable but I am sure that will be slowly ...
    There are plug adapters that tourists use that you could use to convert the plug until you get the proper universal charger.

Travel Changer Adapter Plug US USA to European Euro NEW | eBay

01-17-12 12:21 PM
    I know ,,, but here is night (((
    I will buy it tomorrow ... but now ? (
    01-17-12 12:36 PM
    5V 700mA are the specification from the 9900 charger
    That will work, but expect a full charge (with tablet off) to take on the order of 7-10 hours.
    01-17-12 01:00 PM
    Your phone charger will be a bit faster then the USB. It will do no harm.
    01-17-12 01:00 PM
    It should be noted if you have not set up your PB yet-
    The PB need at least 20% charge before it will let you update. Leave it plugged if your going to setup.
    01-17-12 01:06 PM
    I know ,,, but here is night (((
    I will buy it tomorrow ... but now ? (
    You could convert a usb cable to a charge cable and connect it to a powered hub, that is powered by a 2amp or larger power block. Before I bought a spare Playbook charger, I would charge my Playbook at my desk using this method.

Once you get the Playbook setup, one of the top apps to buy is BatteryGuru, and the file browser app. BatteryGuru will tell you if your playbook is charging and at what rate it is charging.

I am in Canada, and the ShopBlackberry Playbooks I recieved just before Christmas shipped with the Universal charger like the Europeans get. It even had the plug end like you need. How did you end up with a North American charger?
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-17-12 at 01:40 PM.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-17-12 01:38 PM
    you should have received a UK plug adaptor as well as the US plug adaptor in the box along with your playbook.
    01-17-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD