I just returned from a vacation where I took with me the playbook for the kids (cartoons and a few games), but at a moment of inattention my son tried to put one in the charger (has 4 years old) and I don't now how he managed to enter in the opposite socket for charging the tablet. And instead ruin the cable (which was a bit cheaper) he broke the jack on the tablet (the middle one). Now I am unable to charge the tablet and of course (the big problem) upload files from your computer. What do you recommend I do? Where can I fix it? Can I fix it somewhere?
    I thought about buying a charging dock but it looks like it can only charge the playbook! Please help me with some advice! The tablet is almost new and would be a shame I can not use further.

Thanks in advance!

I apologize for my English!
    08-08-13 03:01 AM
    Dock will only charge it. I use a charging dock. I drop files and movies to it over wifi from another room and ive had no issues

I use a mac so cant tell you how to connect from a windows pc but im sure someone here can.
    08-08-13 03:17 AM
    How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry 10 smartphone https://salesforce.services.blackber...ListHelperImpl

BlackBerry PlayBook rapid charger
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004XB...bUvbUpU8971861

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Gabriel LES like this.
    08-08-13 03:54 AM
    Many times plugging the cable in upside down forces the plastic tab higher in the port. Some have been able to fix it by realigning the plastic tab inside the port. Use some plastic object to push the tab back towards the bottom (back of playbook) There are some close-up pictures of what it should look like on google images.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-13 06:30 AM
    Dock will only charge it. I use a charging dock. I drop files and movies to it over wifi from another room and ive had no issues

I use a mac so cant tell you how to connect from a windows pc but im sure someone here can.
    I use a mac too, so this will be the way
    thank you to all!
    08-08-13 01:28 PM
    If the PB is that new, see if it can fixed under the 90 day complimentary support. The BBRY customer support is very good and they may understand what happened. It is worth a try:
    PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US

Oh, this might not be possible if you don't live in the US. Sorry. I think it is about US$100 for BBRY to fix. I think any computer repair shop could resolder a USB in.
    08-08-13 03:49 PM
    Transfer to the device is easiest over WiFI - you just need to gently repair the port.
    A good light, a magnifying glass, and some plastic tools will probably help.
    08-08-13 03:54 PM
    Many times plugging the cable in upside down forces the plastic tab higher in the port. Some have been able to fix it by realigning the plastic tab inside the port. Use some plastic object to push the tab back towards the bottom (back of playbook) There are some close-up pictures of what it should look like on google images.
    Nah. Just once can do it
    08-08-13 05:58 PM
    If none of the other options work, you can try sending it back to Blackberry for repair. My HDMI port stopped working after 18 months of ownership. I called support and opened a support file. I had planned to use the extended warranty under the credit card I used to buy the Playbook. But Blackberry replaced the Playbook for free with a brand new one. As your USB port was damaged, as opposed to just failing, you may not get so lucky but it is worth a shot. I know of others who had had similar successes, even out of warranty, but again for hardware failures and not damage. Good luck.
    08-10-13 11:04 AM