I'm trying to access a full webpage on my BlackBerry PlayBook; unfortunately, it takes me to the mobile webpage, and I am absolutely not able to access the full version of the webpage via conventional means. However, upon searching for help on this issue, I found out that the PlayBook browser has a feature called "Web Inspector" which might be able to help, with which I have no experience in.

With that said, Web Inspector has a setting called "Override User Agent" - through http://localhost:1337 while on said webpage, I have tried this setting, using "Internet Explorer 9" as my new user agent, but I am not able to apply this setting, so that I may be able to access the full webpage from my PlayBook browser, as if though I were using the Internet Explorer 9 browser from my PC. I do have some limited experience with source code, but every time I try to apply this setting and reload the webpage, it still takes me to the mobile site instead of the full site. Any help? I have a reason for trying to do this on the playbook browser instead of just downloading an alternate browser.
    07-27-13 04:07 PM
    I'm trying to access a full webpage on my BlackBerry PlayBook; unfortunately, it takes me to the mobile webpage, and I am absolutely not able to access the full version of the webpage via conventional means. However, upon searching for help on this issue, I found out that the PlayBook browser has a feature called "Web Inspector" which might be able to help, with which I have no experience in.

With that said, Web Inspector has a setting called "Override User Agent" - through Mobile Nations - NO. 1 FOR ALL THINGS MOBILE while on said webpage, I have tried this setting, using "Internet Explorer 9" as my new user agent, but I am not able to apply this setting, so that I may be able to access the full webpage from my PlayBook browser, as if though I were using the Internet Explorer 9 browser from my PC. I do have some limited experience with source code, but every time I try to apply this setting and reload the webpage, it still takes me to the mobile site instead of the full site. Any help? I have a reason for trying to do this on the playbook browser instead of just downloading an alternate browser.
    Most of the other browsers in bbworld allow you to change the user agent and they have the strings in them.
    07-27-13 04:09 PM
    Most of the other browsers in bbworld allow you to change the user agent and they have the strings in them.
    Like I said, I have a reason for trying to do this on the playbook browser instead of just downloading an alternate browser. Mainly because I need to view the source code of those pages using web inspector.
    07-27-13 04:18 PM
    Like I said, I have a reason for trying to do this on the playbook browser instead of just downloading an alternate browser. Mainly because I need to view the source code of those pages using web inspector.
    I see, guess I missed that part. There is no way that I know of, maybe someone else does.
    07-27-13 04:19 PM
    Sorry for the digression from the thread - long time, no see! I must be hanging out in the wrong places!
    07-27-13 05:28 PM
    Do you have the appropriate ID TEXT for the IE9 user agent info?

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
    07-27-13 05:49 PM