Ok, so I can't get my faulty 64Gb playbook to RIM for reasons I mentioned in another thread, so I decided to see if I can fix the issue myself!

I kinda ripped one of the cables before removing the motherboard making my faulty playbook completely useless but the motherboard is perfect.

My question now is, if I bought a brand new 16Gb playbook, can I replace it's motherboard with the motherboard from my 64Gb playbook and increase my capacity?
    07-21-12 04:55 PM
    Ok, so I can't get my faulty 64Gb playbook to RIM for reasons I mentioned in another thread, so I decided to see if I can fix the issue myself!

I kinda ripped one of the cables before removing the motherboard making my faulty playbook completely useless but the motherboard is perfect.

My question now is, if I bought a brand new 16Gb playbook, can I replace it's motherboard with the motherboard from my 64Gb playbook and increase my capacity?
    If it's just the cable that's broke, I don't see why not...so long as you can take the good cable from the 16gb playbook...
    07-21-12 05:08 PM
    If it's just the cable that's broke, I don't see why not...so long as you can take the good cable from the 16gb playbook...
    I want to replace the motherboard, not the cable, keep the new hardware, just change the capacity.
    07-21-12 05:16 PM
    agreed switch the board from the 64 one to the 16 one. also how much are you willing to sell the broken one for?
    07-22-12 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD