I have a few Movie files saved on my laptop with multiple audio tracks (languages),

They are AVI/MKV files.

Is there any way to select an audio track while playing on the playbook?

or an APP i can get that will?
    08-23-12 04:35 PM
    I am not aware of any but something may exist. There is an app that does play subtitles (srt files).
    08-23-12 05:22 PM
    MKV files first of all won't play on your PlayBook since they are not supported.

AVI with certain audio codecs will not play..

So I suggest first you get MediaInfo and get some details on your files.. Then look up this document to tally.. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp..._(English).pdf

You can use some guides to remove the unwanted audio tracks from the video files leaving you with only 1 track.. which will play..

You can use FreeMake on your laptop.. and here are some guides.. AfterDawn: Guides
    08-24-12 12:16 AM
    MKV files are supported and will play on your PB.
    08-24-12 05:09 AM
    MKV are indeed suported by the PB, but you'll need an app to play them! (i use Videosrtplayer).

Some MKV's won't play because of the AC3 audio that most have, but if you can convert only the sound, they'll work.

Search "Language video player" on the App World.

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-24-12 05:16 AM
    MKV are indeed suported by the PB, but you'll need an app to play them! (i use Videosrtplayer).
    MKV files will play in the stock video app as long as the video & audio streams are supported. No subtitles or audio stream switching, though.
    08-24-12 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD