Hi, the Beta OS 2.0 is for developers to test their app compatibility, not for consumers. Native apps will not work, and there is no point in benchmarking, keeping change logs or even discussing the many shortcomings.

Hope everyone who installed backed up their PBs.
    To you their might not be a reason for this, but for others its a good idea.

After all, the website is Crackberry.com not Oniberry.com.

Tim
    10-19-11 10:10 AM
    After a few minutes with the 2.0 I can say that you can easy see that this OS version is just Beta. Its working quite well, but the response and sensitive of the screen has decreased A LOT. Now when I want to wake up my PB it takes a while since it swichtes on, and when I touch a part of the screen it takes too long to "activate my action".

Also there is no Bridge option, you can connect via Bluetooth, but when you want to enter an app it says "No connection. Server error".

The browser, I don't thing the browser is now better, as I had read, they say it is, but for me, its slower and less accurate than before.

Other things are working great, the App World, the other apps and games I had installed and everything.

I think I'll return to my 1.7x official till the official release of the 2.0.
    Good Luck, I think you will be surprised to find it frustratingly difficult to go back to 1.7x at this time. I only say difficult because I'm sure somebody will/has it figured it out but at this time it�s beyond me how to do so.

P.S. If you do somehow revert back and manage to stay at 1.7x please let us all know how you did it.
    10-19-11 10:17 AM
    Can somebody who has os 2.0 please check whether it is possible now to move files from your pc to your playbook using your playbook. In other words, is a 2 way transfer supported now?
    10-19-11 10:26 AM
    Pros:

Browser seems to take forever to open
    Second that. The browser startup time has increased manyfold.
    10-19-11 10:27 AM

Other things are working great, the App World, the other apps and games I had installed and everything.

nope, open appworld in portrait and the background image doesnt `fit` until apps are loaded, leaving a black half screen below the image on opening, this and also all the little issues with appworld originally are still there too.
    10-19-11 10:32 AM
    Anyone else finding camera/screenshot capability not working?

Just tried it and working fine.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-19-11 10:37 AM
    Another regression in this build is that tabs once again stop when not focused. Pandora pauses when screen timeout is reached, another tab is opened, or focus is given to another app. (Yes, I confirmed that I was in showcase performance mode.)
    10-19-11 11:51 AM
    Time is now displaying correctly with OS 2.0, there was a bug with the timezones on OS 1.0 in wich the system's time did not matched the displayed time when selecting a different time zone, now its fixed.
    10-19-11 11:52 AM
    Also, noticed a "print" folder when using AIR browser. Can't remember if it was already there. If not, sounds good news ...
    10-19-11 12:00 PM
    noticed that while scrolling in word 2 to (portrait oriented) that some times the text just disappears until you tap over the blank area. Same happens when pulling out the keyboard

was that an issue in v1?
    10-19-11 12:07 PM
    can someone post some screen shots of some of the new stuff. I'm really curious about the keyboard in landscape and portrait.
    10-19-11 12:37 PM
    my camera is not working.
    it dont play mp4 videos anymore.
    when open new tab on browser, the older tab will refresh and start loading when switch back to the old tab.
    mainly all the entertainment is gone for me.
    10-19-11 12:39 PM
    when open new tab on browser, the older tab will refresh and start loading when switch back to the old tab.
    Camera and mp4 videos are working for me
    10-19-11 12:47 PM
    I just noticed there is a red section in the volume bar when using headphones with soundboost turned on
    10-19-11 12:49 PM

Also there is no Bridge option, you can connect via Bluetooth, but when you want to enter an app it says "No connection. Server error".

That answers the most important question I had. If web-enabled apps no longer function through Bridge, then they can keep 2.0 and any other update thereafter if Bridged apps don't work anymore!!
    10-19-11 01:00 PM
    The browser is better, definitely feels faster, and sunspider confirms they've improved the javascript handling, used to be about 3400 and now it's down to 2340. Also html5test score is up from 257 to 281. New error page when it fails to load a page which is a lot prettier.

Also, I think adobe reader app has been updated, minorly, but still with no search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Adobe Reader does NOT work for me......I am gutted. I will give it some time anyway, maybe its just shy
    10-19-11 01:22 PM
    That answers the most important question I had. If web-enabled apps no longer function through Bridge, then they can keep 2.0 and any other update thereafter if Bridged apps don't work anymore!!
    Hmm, don't be so sure. I have used the regular browser while connected via Bridge and it worked just fine.

Just tried the native weather app and that worked as well, via bridge.
    10-19-11 01:25 PM
    This beta is more like a working version for Playbooks of the simulator for developers. Knock yourself out playing with this, but don't complain when there's no way back short of a wipe/restore.

By the original launch, I was so used to the simulator that I was blown away by how much more was packaged into the general release. I have installed this beta on my dedicated developer Playbook. I would never consider putting it on my day-to-day regular use Playbook. But different strokes...
    10-19-11 01:25 PM
    Just wiped my Playbook as it was slow as **** after the update. (Also before the update it was quite slow) But now it's completely fluid (again). Hope it stays that way now.
    Don't know if you've seen it yet, but I've also found a reader mode in the browser in the top right corner that only shows what it thinks are the important things of a page:

Try to restart it. Did the trick for me.
    10-19-11 02:35 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD