Lost Password and User Name

I fired up my Playbook after some months of no use. Up came the request for username and password. No Problem - as I keep a record of all these. However, the playbook showed a different e-mail user name from what I had recorded; and of course none of my usual passwords worked with either the "new" user e-mail name nor the user name password I had in my records; nor did the recorded passwords work.

How did the username password get changed? And when I click on the "lost password" icon, it returns an error message - can't find anything. I have gone to the Blackberry website but none of the e-mail user names work nor does the recovery system for the password.

Is there a solution? Or do I just throw it away?

Johnreid
    07-31-17 09:26 PM
    Should be able to wipe it (reload the OS) and start over... at the very least.
    08-01-17 08:12 AM
    If you had another BlackBerry device with the same BlackBerryID on it and changed the email associated to that BlackBerryID, the change would propagate to your Playbook the next time it was connected to the Internet.

Sometimes this change happens because people think changing the email in the BlackBerryID will create a new ID, such as giving a device to a friend and not security wiping it, but using the change email address in the BlackBerryID settings of the device.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 08:42 PM