I bought all 3 PlayBook at different times. First was the 16 GB followed by the 32 GB and finally the 64 GB. I gave my 16 GB to my young daughter and the 32 GB to my wife. As they were all registered to me on BlackBerry my wife and daughter get all my emails. I tried taking my email addresses out of her book and replacing it with her mail addresses but after 10 minutes the other 2 books changed as well??. Tried changing the name in the BlackBerry I'D box with the same result,the other 2 changed as well. Question is if you give a Playbook to someone, how do they make it theirs?? Any help would be most appreciated.
    11-21-12 12:45 PM
    do a security wipe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 12:50 PM
    Yep unless they changed something a wipe is the only way.
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 01:05 PM
    To get different setups you need to wipe and use unique BBID's. The problem is you will have to pay for all apps on each separte unit. Probably not the solution you were looking for. As for the emails, you can delete the email account without having to wipe.
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 01:22 PM
    The up side is with each Playbook having a different BBID you will be able to use Video Chat between them.
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 02:11 PM
    I havent been able to make a video call at all between the books, I have tried the individual BBID referred to above between each Playbook but have never been able to speak to any of my other books?? is this because they are all in my name?
    11-21-12 04:49 PM
    I havent been able to make a video call at all between the books, I have tried the individual BBID referred to above between each Playbook but have never been able to speak to any of my other books?? is this because they are all in my name?
    I've got two pb's with DIFFERENT BBID's and I can talk to myself (g) using them. Actually, used it across the room with a friend last week - he was confused and kept turning the OTHER camera toward him!
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 05:00 PM
    I've got three at home and all work fine on the same network or on different networks.

Not sure what you mean by all being in your name. If you wipe qnd set unique bbid for each then they would all work for videochat using the unique ids to make calls to one another
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 05:36 PM
    Have you tried calling them by their PINs?
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 06:20 PM
    OP, ignore the posts pertaining to video chat as they have nothing to do with your situation and your initial question. As already stated, secure wipe and associate each BlackBerry ID to a unique email account.
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-21-12 06:46 PM
    Yes I have tried the pin no,s of each Playbook but get "call failed" up after about 30 secs. I tried altering the Email accounts and discovered when I altered in one the other 2 were updated to the new Email?? in saying that this was done in my BBID and it appears to change the other books after about 10 minutes.!!!! Back to the original question of ownership change, by doing the security sweep will it throw up more problems like not being able to enter "Country of use" again because there is no list??.
    11-22-12 05:06 AM
    I just recently gave my 16gb unit to my niece. To avoid any problems, I just did a debrick(start with the PB off and plug into desktop manager). Never had a problem with either unit.

I believe what you are doing is changing your email that's associated with your BBID, therefore since all your PB's are tied to your BBID, that's why they all change emails within a certain time.

Either debrick(brings you back to the setup process when you first got them), or try a security wipe and associate each device with a seperate email acc. and BBID.
    11-22-12 05:13 AM
    As to the video chat, I was told (but have not tried) that you can video chat with 2 playbooks with the same ID using the PINS, but only if the 2 playbooks are on different networks. Doesn't work if they are on the same network like it would if they had different IDs. I may try that today just to see if it does work, as I have 2 both with my ID.
    geraldryan likes this.
    11-22-12 08:07 AM
    Please let me know if it works, I believe my daughter is on a different net work to me. Cheers. Gerry
    11-22-12 10:11 AM
    Please let me know if it works, I believe my daughter is on a different net work to me. Cheers. Gerry
    You need to do a security wipe to reset your PlayBook. You cannot change a BBID without doing a security wipe. Once you have created new IDs you will be able to Video Chat without any problems. Using Video Chat with the same ID is always a hit and miss experience.
    11-22-12 12:24 PM
    I will echo the Security Wipe, and be advised that any apps that you paid for on your BBID will not be available to the other
    units unless they are re-purchased under the new BBID's.

Good luck!
    11-22-12 02:09 PM