Anyone found a way to change the default browser?

Roger
    05-21-13 03:41 AM
    there is no way to change the default browser, that being said I use Fast Browser.
    as the stock broswer crashes on crackberry.com almost daily Fast Browser has never crashed on me and not only has it never crashed it has an agressive ad blocker with 8000 filters and has a disanle flash and java script button to boost loading times greatly.
    05-21-13 05:38 AM
    Strange,my default browser doesn't crash when using CB! It's a bit slow loading the page and there is a lot of blue chequered boxing going on but it does work!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:52 AM
    Strange,my default browser doesn't crash when using CB! It's a bit slow loading the page and there is a lot of blue chequered boxing going on but it does work!

Posted via CB10
    try this open crackberry.com and immediately scroll as far down as possible
    05-21-13 07:02 AM
    try this open crackberry.com and immediately scroll as far down as possible
    I take that back the crack team must of fixed something server side, but that being said ask anyone on here the stock browser is crash prone
    05-21-13 07:06 AM
    there is no way to change the default browser, that being said I use Fast Browser.
    That's the one I prefer and was hoping to make it the default but could find no way.
    05-21-13 07:52 AM
    There is no way to change any default app setting. Alas.
    It's said that you can on BB10.
    05-22-13 12:15 PM
    It must be possible, the max safe browser was able to handle network calls, there must be a way.
    07-30-13 05:41 AM
    as the stock broswer crashes on crackberry.com almost daily Fast Browser has never crashed on me and not only has it never crashed it has an agressive ad blocker with 8000 filters and has a disanle flash and java script button to boost loading times greatly.
    I have Fast Browser, as well. I find that the majority blue button is pretty useless as most sites I go to use either java script, flash or both. Inhave also found it pretty dreadful for viewing videos online.
    07-30-13 02:37 PM
    There is no way to change any default app setting. Alas.
    It's said that you can on BB10.
    Oh, good. We'll just wait for BB10, then.
    07-30-13 02:39 PM
    I have Fast Browser, as well. I find that the majority blue button is pretty useless as most sites I go to use either java script, flash or both. Inhave also found it pretty dreadful for viewing videos online.
    I have no idea how you can browse anything with both the javascript and flash enabled on the playbook. It's dreadfully slow... I went to yahoo finance to watch the daily ticker video and it took literally 5 minutes to start up the video and at the point, I seriously don't care anymore. If I use my iPad or laptop to do the same thing, it is within 5 secs... It's a joke when booting up windows and loading up a browser to view a page is faster... Javascript and flash need to be permanently turned off for the playbook.
    07-30-13 03:28 PM
    There is no way to change any default app setting.
    While this is generally correct, it is not absolutely so. There is at least one exception. The exception is that if you use ES File Explorer to navigate to and then open files, ES will let you choose the default app to open any particular file. Your choice is generally limited to either the default native app for opening such files or any android apps that you've installed that can open the file (no option to default to native non-default apps). Of course, this applies only to files opened through ES and is not a system wide setting. Other android file browsers will give you the same choice of apps to open any particular file, but I'm not aware of any that will actually allow you to set one app as the default app.
    07-30-13 03:40 PM
    I've switched for a while and now use Origami Browser only
    07-30-13 08:06 PM
    Oh, good. We'll just wait for BB10, then.
    To be fair, this was posted before the announcement that PB was not getting BB10...
    07-31-13 09:02 AM
    The Origami Browser is amazing just helped improve the PlayBook immensely! I just bought the fast browser last month and this was free! I find it way better than the fast browser.
    07-31-13 09:18 AM