how can i change the compass to give me miles instead of kilometers
    12-11-11 09:16 PM
    Which compass? The PlayBook has no apps yet to support the digital compass (magnetometer).

Are you asking about a phone? Or asking about a particular app which you've installed from App World, which pretends to be a compass but in fact is using the GPS heading? If the former, wrong forum. If the latter, give the name of the app and maybe someone can help you. (Any decent PlayBook app will have a "top-swipe" menu that you can pull down to change settings like that, so if this one doesn't have and is stuck on kilometers only, it's probably not worth keeping installed anyway.)
    12-11-11 10:07 PM
    The FREE Compass app seems limited to Kilometers, if that's the one.
    12-11-11 10:40 PM
    boy i feel dumb. i forgot i installed the app and it didn't come pre installed. anyway it's just called compass. i got it for free. i really don't need the app. i was playing with it and noticed it was metric. i thought it came on the playbook. thats why i asked about it. thanks for the reply though. i looked at the app again in app world and can see that it didn't really get any good reviews. i'll probably delete the app since i don' need a compass anyway. like i said i must have downloaded it when i got the playbook. seems that i downloaded quit a few useless apps when i got the playbook. after using the playbook for 6 months or so i have learned what apps i need and what i don't.
    12-11-11 10:44 PM
    The main benefit of the Free Compass app is that it in many cases is one of the only ways to check if the gps even works. It does not have many other practical functions but as a test, it is important.
    12-12-11 01:03 AM
    I just have to point out that most of the english world is metric
    12-12-11 01:33 PM
    Is it a magnetic compass or a true north compass?
    12-12-11 01:36 PM
    Is it a magnetic compass or a true north compass?
    The PlayBook has a magnetic compass in it, which shows magnetic north but isn't actually supported on the OS versions before 2.0.

The GPS-using Compass app, since it uses the GPS, shows true north (at least when you're moving, since that's the only way it can tell which way is north).

(I see the smiley, but didn't see anything humorous, so straight answer.)
    12-12-11 06:19 PM
    The PlayBook has a magnetic compass

(I see the smiley, but didn't see anything humorous, so straight answer.)
    It was intended humor; I didn't think anyone knew the difference.
    12-12-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD