View Poll Results: yes or no

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me another tablet.

46 16.43%
  • No, I'm sticking with my PB.

234 83.57%
    I would like another PB though, because my screen has a big crack in it. (However, it is surprisingly invisible, and hasn't yet affected the PB in any way.)
    06-09-12 11:07 PM
    I would ask him to exchange it for a 64GB PlayBook.
    Ditto......
    06-09-12 11:57 PM
    I would ask him to exchange it for a 64GB PlayBook.
    While this original response to swap for a 64 gig PB was reasonably imaginative and amusing, subsequent similar responses were not and, as I have previously stated, not entering into the spirit of the poll (it wouldn't have required a great deal of intelligence to realise this). It also will have produced an inaccurate result.

I have now amended the post to outlaw this possibility but realise this is rather like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Peace.
    06-10-12 02:19 AM
    While this original response to swap for a 64 gig PB was reasonably imaginative and amusing, subsequent similar responses were not and, as I have previously stated, not entering into the spirit of the poll (it wouldn't have required a great deal of intelligence to realise this). It also will have produced an inaccurate result.

I have now amended the post to outlaw this possibility but realise this is rather like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Peace.
    I understood the spirit of your poll and voted No, I'm keeping my PlayBook. There's no other tablet that interests me. I even brought the iPad home from work for a week and it has barely been used, even by the kids.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 06-10-12 at 02:33 AM.
    06-10-12 02:27 AM
    I understood the spirit of your poll and voted No, I'm keeping my PlayBook
    Bravo sir
    06-10-12 02:32 AM
    I wouldn't give up the Playbook.
    I may get a Windows 8 tablet or ultrabook at some point but the Playbook will stay.
    The 7" format is great for travelling and the ability to access the Internet through my Blackberry is very useful.
    A Windows 8 device may be better as a laptop replacement for work use. I'm not sure until I actually use one.
    06-10-12 08:29 AM
    I wouldn't change my PB and would tell the genie to take a hike elsewhere.
    06-10-12 09:48 AM
    I'd love to have an iPad (3rd gen). Lack of apps and limits of the Android player(no camera support, no control of screen brightness, etc... ) is killing the Playbook, IMO.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    06-10-12 09:51 AM
    PB doesn't even make the list Best 7-inch tablets - CNET Reviews Also see Best 7-Inch Android Tablets of 2012

The only reason I got PB and not the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, is the price.
    The second review is titled "Best 7-Inch Android Tablets of 2012". It's not surprising that a QNX powered tablet wasn't included.
    Why did you choose the Playbook over the Lenovo Ideapad A1? They start at $200.00 also.
    06-10-12 10:01 AM
    IF I could keep one of my 2 PlayBooks I would trade 1 in to get a
    Toshiba�s 13-Inch Excite
    Toshiba's 13-Inch Excite: Does the World Need a Tablet This Large? | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I would love a 13" home tablet, if it Ran Windows 8 I would buy it on launch day as it would be a notebook replacement.

BUT! i wouldn't give up my PlayBook completely it is near perfect in size, and offers a lot of advantages seeing as I'm a BlackBerry user
    06-10-12 10:06 AM
    If it worked as it was supposed to, even with the limitations of some native apps and lack of skype, I'd stick with it. But since messages app basically doesn't work, and my main (and newest) computer doesn't recognize it anymore so I can't backup anything, I'd switch in a flash.
    06-10-12 10:22 AM
    Like most people have said, as a blackberry user, I voted no.
    06-10-12 10:35 AM
    I voted no. My PB does everything I want and need. Of course, now that I have the Bold 9900 I don't really NEED the PB any more I just prefer having the 7" screen to the minuscule phone screen.

I bought the PB as a laptop replacement for my motorcycle journeys. Last year's 8500 mile cross country vacation showed my wife and I that the laptop was really inconvenient. We have 2 Playbooks that take much less space than the 1 15" laptop and the battery lasts much longer. If needed my wife could actually even use the PB while we're on the move, whether to read a book or to check weather radar (what I really wanted the Playbook for)
    06-10-12 11:11 AM
    It is curious that many people state the form factor as the reason they will keep it, yet as a previous poster pointed out, CNET have a whole list of better 7 inch tablets than the PB. All with the same or very similar form factor, yet much better, more useful, more productive apps. I don't think people are considering the question properly. For those of us who don't own a BB handset, the bridging argument doesn't work either (though for tethering, my android handset makes a great wi fi hotspot which is included in my data plan.) The reality is, comparably, it is not that great a tablet.
    Last edited by ODAAT; 06-10-12 at 05:35 PM.
    06-10-12 05:32 PM
    CNET has a list of what they believe to be the best 7" tablets.
    They are wrong.
    I doubt they even considered the Playbook. It looks more like another Android comparison to me.

What I am curious about is, if you feel this way why have you got a Playbook?
    The rest of us knew what we wanted and bought it. You also bought it but are now telling us we are wrong to like it...
    06-10-12 06:11 PM
    There is no spot for "I'm a spoiled arsehole and have one or more of everything already except a Windows 8 tablet"
    06-10-12 06:16 PM
    CNET has a list of what they believe to be the best 7" tablets.
    They are wrong.
    I doubt they even considered the Playbook. It looks more like another Android comparison to me.

What I am curious about is, if you feel this way why have you got a Playbook?
    The rest of us knew what we wanted and bought it. You also bought it but are now telling us we are wrong to like it...
    Interesting that you are prepared to make a stand against one of the most well respected tech sites in the world with an argument as facile as "They are wrong".

I bought my PlayBook when it first came out for �380. I made a big mistake- I believed the hype and believed RIM would deliver. There was a lot of hype in those early days and I also had a BB handset at the time. A true CrackBerry fan. One of the biggest and most expensive mistakes I have made in a long while. My PlayBook is currently on eBay with a starting bid of �50. Technology depreciates but not to this extent. I have lost a lot of money on this lame duck (though to be fair not nearly as much as RIM has). I am sick of waiting on RIM's promises. At least I will be out your hair in seven days time, assuming someone actually wants it for �50.

Funnily enough, someone on this forum advised I sell it soon after I bought it as they had more foresight than me and could see the app situation would never improve. If I had listened and sold it before all the big price markdowns, I wouldn't have been looking at such a big loss. Ah well. What's one less customer to RIM when they have so many?
    Last edited by ODAAT; 06-10-12 at 07:08 PM.
    06-10-12 06:26 PM
    There is no spot for "I'm a spoiled arsehole and have one or more of everything already except a Windows 8 tablet"
    Hmmmm. I wonder what your statement would have been if the PB is hailed to be my first choice of the 3 OS tested instead of it coming second? At least I tried all 3 and consider to have an objective viewpoint instead of being subjective. Doesn't the consumer has a right to make a choice? If that is the Canadian definition of "spoiled arsehole", then I be it. LOL Sorry to have a different viewpoint than others.
    BTW, I will try out the Windows 8 tablet when they become available.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-10-12 at 07:50 PM.
    06-10-12 07:39 PM
    It is curious that many people state the form factor as the reason they will keep it, yet as a previous poster pointed out, CNET have a whole list of better 7 inch tablets than the PB. All with the same or very similar form factor, yet much better, more useful, more productive apps. I don't think people are considering the question properly. For those of us who don't own a BB handset, the bridging argument doesn't work either (though for tethering, my android handset makes a great wi fi hotspot which is included in my data plan.) The reality is, comparably, it is not that great a tablet.
    Oh look he's the only one in the whole parade who is in step.
    06-10-12 07:45 PM
    You also bought it but are now telling us we are wrong to like it...
    I never said you were wrong in your choice. I gave reasons why I would choose the PB second and maybe exchange it. What did you expect from Haseleyman's poll? That 100% would agree with YOU?
    06-10-12 07:46 PM
    Hmmmm. I wonder what your statement would have been if the PB is hailed to be my first choice of the 3 OS tested instead of it coming second? At least I tried all 3 and consider to have an objective viewpoint instead of being subjective. Doesn't the consumer has a right to make a choice? If that is the Canadian definition of "spoiled arsehole", then I be it. LOL Sorry to have a different viewpoint than others.
    LOL. Did you just own up to being spoiled?
    06-10-12 07:50 PM
    LOL. Did you just own up to being spoiled?
    Maybe. If you read through the whole thread, I was the only one who mentioned my whole 'inventory', so I took the hint.
    However, iPad is due to work issued device (not by my choice), Xoom for my daughter to mainly watch movies, play games and 2 PB's for me and my wife (we both have BB phones also). But after having to administrate all 3, the one I would choose if only have one choice is the Xoom. (but will prefer 7" format, so Galaxy Tab probably) So 'using' all 3 type of devices making me spoiled, then I am. Sorry. Sorry for also liking the Xoom more than PB.

Funny the OP said the Genie would not "It offers no judgment or opinion that you should or otherwise". The same cannot be said about some responses on this forum.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-10-12 at 08:11 PM.
    06-10-12 08:02 PM
    I never said you were wrong in your choice. I gave reasons why I would choose the PB second and maybe exchange it. What did you expect from Haseleyman's poll? That 100% would agree with YOU?
    Follow the thread.
    My response wasn't to you it was to the post above mine.
    If I was responding to a post two pages ago I would have quoted it.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    06-11-12 04:58 AM
    Interesting that you are prepared to make a stand against one of the most well respected tech sites in the world with an argument as facile as "They are wrong".
    No site, no matter how well respected you feel they are, can tell me what I like.
    You have buyers remorse. That's fine. There is no need to try and justify it with web site reviews of other products. It's ok to not like the Playbook.
    CNET has a habit of recommending the most popular product.

Have you reads CNET's review of the Playbook?
    Their complaints are:
    - The screen is too small for the browser. (Yes it's a 7" tablet.)
    - The wake button is difficult to push. (Who uses it?)
    - Their [RIM] app selection trails the competition.

No one can argue the fact that RIM has less app selection. In my case I don't care. The tablet does what I want it to do with a browser and a media player. I will admit, the media player needs some work.
    06-11-12 05:13 AM
    Pb always on my hand.. No need to change for now..
    06-11-12 05:27 AM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD