View Poll Results: yes or no

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me another tablet.

46 16.43%
  • No, I'm sticking with my PB.

234 83.57%
    Greetings fellow PB owners

You have your PB, you have explored its workings, and you have understood its pros and cons.

So imagine, for a moment, if you will, the following scenario:

A Genie appears before you, the smoke dissipates, It convinces you that it is a benevolent being, It tells you that YOU CAN EXCHANGE YOUR PB FOR ANY OTHER TABLET OF YOUR CHOICE. It offers no judgment or opinion that you should or otherwise. It doesn't matter what you paid for your PB or what the other tablet might cost. The only thing you cannot do is agree to the exchange, sell the possibly more valuable tablet and buy another PB in order to gain financially.

YOU ALSO CANNOT EXCHANGE YOUR CURRENT PB FOR A PB WITH A LARGER CAPACITY.

The question is - Would you do it?

And, just to make things more interesting, if you decide to exchange, what might your new tablet be?
    Last edited by Haseleyman; 06-10-12 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Clarification
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-08-12 05:18 PM
    Na. I don't want to pay an extra monthly fee for data on a tab.
    06-08-12 05:19 PM
    Am happy with Peter....(yes...I have named my Playbook)
    06-08-12 05:27 PM
    I love my playbook. I've been using it as a home computer replacement for a year...I still have my work laptop. Anyway it is a fantastic tablet and pairs brilliantly with my equally fantastic 9900.
    06-08-12 05:30 PM
    I've named mine "Precious" (said with the tone of Gollum from LOTR)...
    06-08-12 05:31 PM
    While there are some deficiencies - really, really hoping for USB OTG -, and hopefully they will be addressed by BB10, I'd keep my playbook.

It works great as an e-reader which was my primary reason for getting it. When I listen to music, the sound from the internal speakers is great. Video is clear when watching movies. It's easy to side-load and/or sync.

At one point in time I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but honestly, why the additional expense. As for the iPad, I'm not a fan of the iPod/iTouch, so while I do like Apple computers, the iPad is just way to over priced for me.

So, why go to something else where you're paying for hype.
    bungaboy, mrzeolite and Time Lord like this.
    06-08-12 05:41 PM
    Would never happen. Despite a few frustrations, it ain't going nowhere. And after reading thru a few of these responses, I apparently need to decide on a name...
    06-08-12 06:03 PM
    I would ask him to exchange it for a 64GB PlayBook.
    06-08-12 06:06 PM
    Nope, if I wanted another tablet I would have bought it instead of the playbook.

Also what Chrisy said.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-08-12 06:10 PM
    I would ask him to exchange it for a 64GB PlayBook.
    Sneaky!
    vtblues likes this.
    06-08-12 06:10 PM
    Nope, if I wanted another tablet I would have bought it instead of the playbook.

Also what Chrisy said.
    Er, the whole point of this is to put yourself in the position of having had a pb and making a choice as a result of your experience, not just stating that you preferred the pb at the time of purchase.
    vtblues likes this.
    06-08-12 06:23 PM
    Er, the whole point of this is to put yourself in the position of having had a pb and making a choice as a result of your experience, not just stating that you preferred the pb at the time of purchase.
    My bad. No I'd keep the pb and not swap. If so I would have bought another tablet since the two months of pb ownership.

The pb does more than I thought, need and expected.
    Hawnz likes this.
    06-08-12 06:26 PM
    id swap, currently i have a 16gb PB, and id love a 64Gb one. so that`d do me nicely
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-08-12 06:32 PM
    I have more than one Playbook, which is handy, but I wouldn't mind transforming one to a Galaxy S Player 4.2 for an upcoming trip. While the Playbook's size is great, it would be nice to have something lighter for traveling. I was using a Nokia N770 for that purpose, to use Skype and do web browsing. Skype still works fine on the N770, but the web browser isn't very compatible anymore... many sites don't render properly. I wouldn't mind a minature Playbook, like the Dev Alpha... Is the Dev Alpha a legit choice in your poll?
    djenkins6 likes this.
    06-08-12 06:35 PM
    As said before - if I'd ever had a possibility to swap my PlayBook, it would be only for a higher capacity PlayBook I'm not even waiting fir the 10" version, I just love it the way it is

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    bitek and Toodeurep like this.
    06-08-12 06:42 PM
    I too would swap mine, but since its a genie, it better be mounted on a Porche with a "distributed BB10 experience" Thorsten did say that was ONE device. And just for the of it, have it be paralleled with a TB of movies, music and TV Shows.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy and Mr.Monty like this.
    06-08-12 07:38 PM
    Only tablet for me! :-)
    06-08-12 07:56 PM
    Not at all, the PlayBook does all I need it to do and what I bought it to do. When it does more, well then I will be newly excited. I love Lucy
    06-08-12 08:24 PM
    I would change to a Samsung tablet in a heartbeat if I could sell my PlayBook. The lack of major apps has pretty much rendered the Playbook useless to me.
    06-08-12 08:42 PM
    Am happy with Peter....(yes...I have named my Playbook)
    Has anyone told you that you've been playing with your Peter too much?
    bungaboy, kbz1960 and Toodeurep like this.
    06-08-12 09:02 PM
    Nope even with the flaws I love it and don't want something else unless it's a 64gb one. Can't wait for BB10, wait I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. But I still wouldn't trade it.
    06-08-12 09:15 PM
    I would switch mine for a loaded ipad
    06-08-12 09:17 PM
    No can do. My PB is all that is required. Accepting no substitute. They can keep their variety of 'stink' apps.
    06-08-12 09:27 PM
    Owning a Blackberry Smartphone, the Playbook makes it a fantastic extension. Especially the Bridge function, no need for extra data plan.

Only thing i'll trade it for as many has said, is a 64GB version.
    mzceetee, Toodeurep and bitek like this.
    06-08-12 09:33 PM
    Nope. Nope. And nope.

I have 3 of them and wouldn't trade one.

I already have a 10" Android tablet that I bought before the PB but I would swap it for a new BB10.
    bitek likes this.
    06-08-12 09:36 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD