Hi

I am hoping that someone who was at CES (or someone who has played with the full version of 2.0s email app) can answer my question.

Does the email app have the ability to file emails into folders without using an exchange account? I use gmail for my email and cannot file emails into my gmail folders on my BlackBerry. I am hoping that the email client on 2.0 will give me this ability so I can fully manage my email without having to log into gmail thru a browser or a remote desktop to my home computer.

Anyone out there have the answer and want to share it with me, please!

Thanks.
    01-17-12 04:19 AM
    Also in that question will we be able to take a photo and email it directly?
    01-17-12 07:18 AM
    re: Can't move email to folder in gmail....
    Sure you can...
    Go to gmail.com, you'll get the mobile view. Select the messages you want to put into folders. Select the MOVE button. Select the folder you want the mail moved to.

re. folders in 2.0 mail... be a shocker if you couldn't. Looks like the best email,calendar,pim combo I've seen anywhere. It's almost funny how some analysts are yelling fail because it doesn't have full BES support... yeah fail even though it's better than the solutions they seem to love... which will never see bes support.

What I'd like to know is if bridged email from my phone will get folded into the unified view so I can have all non-bes mail set up directly, and my bes mail via bridge without my employer upgrading to fussion.

That'd be awesome! Best PIM on the market when not bridged, best PIM on the market with secure BES email when it is bridge... or the bes servers are upgraded.
    01-17-12 08:02 AM
    Can I ask (because I haven't seen it reported anywhere) - is there spell check in OS 2.0?
    Ben Bubble likes this.
    01-17-12 09:29 AM
    Can I ask (because I haven't seen it reported anywhere) - is there spell check in OS 2.0?
    I recall seeing "predictive text" and full Blackberry spell correction plus the same shortcuts available on the actual phones in the OS 2.0 details at CES.

Good stuff.
    Nels likes this.
    01-17-12 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD