Watching CBC News tonight and I caught this view.

I admit, I'm not 100% certain, but it sure looks like one. Especially with what appears to be the email (Bridge) on screen.

Just thought I would post for kicks. I know CrackBerry fans like to spot celebrities with Berries of sorts. Peter Mansbridge is a top anchor on the network for those who don't know.
    09-13-11 10:16 PM
    We've seen similar photos before and yes it has been confirmed.

He probably uses it for bridged email, as bb still has TOP in class for email client, when my bb beeps with a new email, my pb is literally half a second behind. In every shot I've seen it looks to me like he has email opened up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 11:10 PM
    There has got to be some joke in there.
    Peter Mansbridge using BB bridge....
    KQ9 and m12k1177 like this.
    09-14-11 01:02 AM

LOL. So he has no choice after all
    09-14-11 02:26 AM
    No joke - Jokes are typically funny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Jake2826 likes this.
    09-14-11 11:24 AM
    I thought I noticed a Blackberry PlayBook on Mansbridge's anchor desk last night while watching the CBC National News broadcast. Good to hear both my eyesight is not faulty and some people in the media are using the tablet considering a large of number of journalists already use BlackBerry smartphones.
    02-28-12 11:34 PM
    Man uses BlackBerry to bridge the communication gap. Sorry, I tried to be funny.
    02-28-12 11:35 PM
    anyone see the nhl trade center yesterday? sponsored by blackberry using pbs and 9900s!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 11:45 PM
    They use TOOLS, NOT TOYS!
    02-28-12 11:56 PM
    That's a man's bridge man.
    02-29-12 01:24 AM
    On a related note, Lisa Laflamme (sp?) From CTV uses a Bold 9900

Looks like Mansbridge is using the BlackBerry Convertible Case as well.
    02-29-12 02:30 AM
    Ya think he reads the Crackberry forums?
    03-08-12 09:37 PM
    That's a man's bridge man.
    Wouldn't that be Peter's man's bridge?
    berry-vice likes this.
    03-08-12 10:58 PM
    Peter probably is the most underrated celebrity that supports BlackBerry. He's been using the PlayBook since version 1 and had it bridged. Now he uses the 2.0 email client, and most of the time the PlayBook is on the charging dock.

I saw him using an ipad a couple of times but then it was gone and the PlayBook came back!
    03-08-12 11:10 PM
    Well he seems a reasonable and intelligent man, so of course he would use a PlayBook.
    03-09-12 05:27 AM
    Just saw mansbridge on cbc at the ndp convention. He has a playbook AND an iPad in front of him.
    Last edited by nasa25; 03-24-12 at 11:07 AM.
    03-24-12 10:48 AM
    Looks like he's using the native email app. Good find.
    03-24-12 12:44 PM
    Just noticed him using a tablet a couple days back ! Was not sure so sent a general query to CBC asking what tablet he uses to interface with the production database . . . of course no answer back yet !

Funny coincidence that this earlier thread popped back up
    03-24-12 05:19 PM
    I think on the Friday Night News I saw not only the PlayBook but also the new keyboard.
    03-24-12 07:57 PM
    No joke - Jokes are typically funny.
    I thought the joke was that the thread is about a "Celebrity" sighting, but has to explain who the celebrity is because most don't know him...
    03-24-12 08:02 PM
    They use something to work on, not to play on.
    03-24-12 09:21 PM
    Peter Mansbridge has been using the PlayBook for months. Today at the NDP convention, he was asked via Twitter --probably by an apple fanboy-- to make a decision!

He finally said he likes them both because they do what he tells them to do, but we know which one he uses for daily work.
    03-24-12 10:25 PM
    unrelated story. Did you know that all Dragon's Den have BlackBerries?

These guys are very very wealthy and Canadian. Skip to 12:00 in the video

Watch the latest here CBC.ca Dragon's Den
    03-24-12 10:34 PM
    unrelated story. Did you know that all Dragon's Den have BlackBerries?

These guys are very very wealthy and Canadian. Skip to 12:00 in the video

Watch the latest here CBC.ca Dragon's Den
    LOL...good find. I like how the one was not to crazy about turning his phone over to a guy with a screwdriver. These guys use BB because of the security. The comment ..I have alot of data on my phone... proves they trust the BB. These guys did not get rich by making stupid choices.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-24-12 11:25 PM
    Peter Mansbridge has been using the PlayBook for months. Today at the NDP convention, he was asked via Twitter --probably by an apple fanboy-- to make a decision!

He finally said he likes them both because they do what he tells them to do, but we know which one he uses for daily work.
    Spoken like a true fanboy. As a point of reference, I have yet to hear a single user of an iPad or any other tablet ever even mention the Playbook. It is a one way obsession on the part of members of the Playbook sect of the cult of RIM. The rest of the world really doesn't care about your tablet. There is a bit of rivalry between some Galaxy Tab users, Asus Prime users, and iPad users but that's about it.
    03-24-12 11:35 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD