I know that CDMA carriers like Sprint don't allow data transfer while you're talking on the phone. Does this mean that you can't be Bridged to your PB and surf the web while talking on your BB?
    08-25-11 01:44 AM
    Yes, you won't be able to surf the web with your PB via the bridge (you will however be able to read the emails stored in your phone).

It's not that CDMA carriers don't allow it... The technology doesn't permit data and voice to be transmitted at the same time.
    JR A likes this.
    08-25-11 02:16 AM
    Yes, unless the S-VDO which stands for simultaneous supported on BB.. Perhaps on next BB8 or BB9 smartphones
    JR A likes this.
    08-25-11 02:27 AM
    Yes, you won't be able to surf the web with your PB via the bridge (you will however be able to read the emails stored in your phone).

It's not that CDMA carriers don't allow it... The technology doesn't permit data and voice to be transmitted at the same time.

That's what I meant. Thank you!

So I guess if I wanted to surf the web on my PB while talking on the phone, I should go with ATT
    08-25-11 02:35 AM
    That's what I meant. Thank you!

So I guess if I wanted to surf the web on my PB while talking on the phone, I should go with ATT
    Just make sure u use the OTA app for Bridge on your BB if u're planning to move to AT&T..
    08-25-11 02:50 AM
    ^ Thanks, yeah I read about that. And no, not switching to ATT. I'd get an iPad before switching to them.
    08-25-11 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD