I used to think I was a patient person......but I am feeling the effects of the PB addiction. I really do like this device, but the more I use it I find myself scratching my head as to why there appears to be gaps in the useability....nothing that has not been stated before in numerous posts.

Sooo...that being said, I am going into detox for a few days and see how it feels to avoid the 'check for updates' button and checking the CB site for new developments.....

I hope RIM has a solid plan for this device.....let's just see it happen soon....

cheers all

heavy
    05-17-11 12:36 PM
    Besides email integration (not to check my email, but to send emails from within other apps such as pictures and rss) and autocorrection on the keyboard, everything else I really really want will come from the NDK. These Flash games, while fun, aren't cutting it for me anymore. Once the NDK comes out, we will start seeing some good productivity and news apps, I hope....
    05-17-11 12:43 PM
    I used to think I was a patient person......but I am feeling the effects of the PB addiction. I really do like this device, but the more I use it I find myself scratching my head as to why there appears to be gaps in the useability....nothing that has not been stated before in numerous posts.
    I guess my question would be - did you buy it with the intention of using it for work / play or mainly play? I have become quite productive in using my PB at work and use it for some personal stuff - quick web surfing, stuff like that. To me - its very well built and very well suited for the business world just as there phones are. However if I didnt need a smartphone for work - I probably wouldnt use a BB and would probably have another Droid.

If you just want something to screw around with and have no intention of using it for anything work related - I probably would have gone with a droid or ipad. IMO, BB has never been huge on bells and whistles but has had truck loads of functionality and is rock solid in both form factor and OS.
    05-17-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD