Today I had a conference that I attended with some of my colleagues. And they are �ber die-hard apple fans of the worst type. They know that there are other brands, but don't know any of the competition's names. At least, they pretend to. In the afternoon we were a little bored and I took my PlayBook. That's not an iPad they said, is it the....uh...a..droid? No it is QNX, BlackBerry's operating system. Oh and why are there no buttons on the machine. So I showed them how the PB is operated. Little reaction (which I interpreted as cool, iPhone can't do that, so let's not show we like it.) Then I started the Pacemaker app, to show them what the PB is capable of, i.e. multitasking within the app. They were really impressed with this app, but didn't wanna touch the PB cause it's not Apple. However, one of them turned his iPhone on and started searching for the Pacemaker � app. Something under the same name showed up, but not the real stuff! That's because now we have the cool stuff first. Mark this, we were there Crackberries, to witness the turn of history. Just wanna share this with you, and now I'll continue practicing with Pacemaker.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Have_a_nice_day; 06-15-12 at 03:05 PM.
    06-15-12 03:02 PM
    iOS has the DJay app which functions the same (same "multitasking within the app", whatever that means) and even has more features/functions than Pacemaker (which I believe will evolve and will become even better). At least, this is what I got from the video reviews of the app, which are plenty.
    06-15-12 03:06 PM
    06-15-12 03:09 PM
    Please keep this silent for my colleagues. I wasn't in the impression that iPhone/iPad (thanks Kenny) does not have a dj app. However I don't wanna make my colleagues smarter than they are.
    Last edited by Have_a_nice_day; 06-15-12 at 03:20 PM.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-15-12 03:14 PM
    ^^^ I don't think the app will work on an iPhone. I believe it's an iPad-optimized app. But who would want to use a DJ app on a phone anyway?

Edit: I stand corrected. There is an iPhone/iPod version of the app.

djay for iPhone & iPod touch � Algoriddim
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-15-12 at 03:20 PM.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-15-12 03:17 PM
    Indeed, who wants to use a dj app on such a tiny device? I guess iOwners. But Pacemaker will also work on BB10, so it won't be unique for the iMen.
    Last edited by Have_a_nice_day; 06-16-12 at 09:09 AM.
    06-15-12 03:23 PM
    Pacemaker app sucks. Nowhere near as good as apple's dj app. Don't even bother with it.
    Going to buy an Ipad!

#sarcastic
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-15-12 03:28 PM
    pacemaker app sucks. Nowhere near as good as apple's dj app. Don't even bother with it.
    Going to buy an ipad!

#sarcastic

llooll !!!
    06-15-12 03:50 PM
    Pacemaker app sucks. Nowhere near as good as apple's dj app. Don't even bother with it.

Going to buy an Ipad!

#sarcastic

If a jedi tells me so, I will do that too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 12:04 AM
    Today I had a conference that I attended with some of my colleagues. And they are �ber die-hard apple fans of the worst type. They know that there are other brands, but don't know any of the competition's names. At least, they pretend to. In the afternoon we were a little bored and I took my PlayBook. That's not an iPad they said, is it the....uh...a..droid? No it is QNX, BlackBerry's operating system. Oh and why are there no buttons on the machine. So I showed them how the PB is operated. Little reaction (which I interpreted as cool, iPhone can't do that, so let's not show we like it.) Then I started the Pacemaker app, to show them what the PB is capable of, i.e. multitasking within the app. They were really impressed with this app, but didn't wanna touch the PB cause it's not Apple. However, one of them turned his iPhone on and started searching for the Pacemaker � app. Something under the same name showed up, but not the real stuff! That's because now we have the cool stuff first. Mark this, we were there Crackberries, to witness the turn of history. Just wanna share this with you, and now I'll continue practicing with Pacemaker.

Have a nice day
    who cares about apple. The thing is that some people will just never buy apple. Like myself and this is because i prefer openness of Blackberry or Android. Simply said i hate too much control and this is what Apple does.
    06-16-12 10:41 AM
    ^^^ I don't think the app will work on an iPhone. I believe it's an iPad-optimized app. But who would want to use a DJ app on a phone anyway?

Edit: I stand corrected. There is an iPhone/iPod version of the app.

djay for iPhone & iPod touch � Algoriddim
    The vid makes it look pretty impressive too.
    06-16-12 12:18 PM
    The vid makes it look pretty impressive too.
    Very much so.

As much as I hate the apple ipad, I think the apad which is a bit bigger, would be a better device for DJing. The playbook is a bit on the smaller side.
    That being said, both apps are very cool. The Pacemaker seems to have a cooler UI with the effects being placed on the turntable records themselves. Very unique.

I wish I could justify shelling out $20, but for me I'd probably never use it. I don't know the first thing about mixing/DJing.
    What exactly is the difference between the full version and the light version anyways?
    And if I get the light version can I pay the difference to upgrade? Or do I have to buy the other app separately?
    06-16-12 04:30 PM
    The Lite version does not have FX. But with both versions, you will not be able to record your mixes while doing them on the PlayBook; unlike with djay for iPad. Sent an email to Pacemaker about it, and they replied with
    � Record is not yet implemented. It should come with a future update. � This is what keeps me from buying the Pacemaker app right now. With the record feature, it will definitely be worth the $20 or $30 even. I've read on their Facebook page, in response to some iSheep dude, that Pacemaker will probably be available to other platforms (iOS and Android) in the future; but for now it's exclusive to the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by freya09; 06-16-12 at 08:39 PM.
    robkd likes this.
    06-16-12 08:35 PM
    Clearly you have never heard of DJAY, Looptastic or Mixr. These are all apps that have been out for over a year, not sure if they are ported to PB, but don't kid yourself here, there is a universe of quality software available outside of the Playbook. There's nothing wrong with that.

Have a nice day
    06-16-12 10:24 PM
    Clearly you have never heard of DJAY, Looptastic or Mixr. These are all apps that have been out for over a year, not sure if they are ported to PB, but don't kid yourself here, there is a universe of quality software available outside of the Playbook. There's nothing wrong with that.

Don't take threads like this too seriously! I'm not stupid and I am quite aware that other brands offer similar things. I'm also not an Apple 'disliker' (only for the sake of my marriage), my wife has the 4s. That said, there are people who have religious beliefs about THEIR brand and I can't resist making fun of those people once in awhile. To be clear, I love my colleagues but their apple-mindedness sometimes causes an anti-reaction.

Have a nice day
    06-17-12 02:05 AM
    completely agree on your religious point...

i know some people who insist that an old style keyboard phone designed 7 years ago is a superior business tool to a modern day touchscreen device that can do everything from word-processing and spreadsheets to video editing and real time voice recognition.

To look upon such powerhouse products as 'inferior' does require a leap of faith.
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    06-17-12 02:22 PM
    .. some people who insist that an old style keyboard phone designed 7 years ago is a superior business tool to a modern day touchscreen device...
    I'm shocked by your Bold statement, are you suggesting that the beloved 3D keyboard is not superior to the flat 2D thing? Surely 3D has the future, just look at televisions.

Have a nice day
    06-18-12 02:35 AM
    There should be some envy because a $200 Playbook can have a DJ tool for $20 more. The price of entry is less...

As for some old tech being better... I'm typing on a switch-based keyboard, Das Keyboard. So much nicer than the bubble-based/membrane keyboards...
    06-18-12 02:50 AM
    completely agree on your religious point...

i know some people who insist that an old style keyboard phone designed 7 years ago is a superior business tool to a modern day touchscreen device that can do everything from word-processing and spreadsheets to video editing and real time voice recognition.

To look upon such powerhouse products as 'inferior' does require a leap of faith.
    Come back with the same argument when all business computers are replaced by Tablets, until then there's a reason keyboard is better for business use, and it doesn't stop there.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-18-12 04:36 AM
    I think the main point is for a change, an established DJ compant choose Rim to launch their DJ app on instead of Apple or Android.

A sign of things to come I hope
    06-18-12 04:39 AM
    quick question, if a got 2 audio splitters would i be able to plug in headphones, speakers and plug a line into my laptop to record my set?? thx in adv

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 04:58 AM
    quick question, if a got 2 audio splitters would i be able to plug in headphones, speakers and plug a line into my laptop to record my set?? thx in adv

I think it has a built in record feature.
    06-18-12 04:59 AM
    i dont think it does mate says on the previous page not implemented yet, just tryin to measure up wether to buy or not need to record my sets some how.

06-18-12 05:06 AM
    i dont think it does mate says on the previous page not implemented yet, just tryin to measure up wether to buy or not need to record my sets some how.

You're right, it doesn't, I had an earlier build that did have it tho, I just checked this one and it has a tutorial instead of the record button.
    06-18-12 05:15 AM
    Very much so.

As much as I hate the apple ipad, I think the apad which is a bit bigger, would be a better device for DJing. The playbook is a bit on the smaller side.
    That being said, both apps are very cool. The Pacemaker seems to have a cooler UI with the effects being placed on the turntable records themselves. Very unique.

I wish I could justify shelling out $20, but for me I'd probably never use it. I don't know the first thing about mixing/DJing.
    What exactly is the difference between the full version and the light version anyways?
    And if I get the light version can I pay the difference to upgrade? Or do I have to buy the other app separately?
    Simple. Just buy 2 playbook, it's still cheaper than an ipood and you can spread that e out .)
    tinker2000 likes this.
    06-18-12 08:35 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD