i just got my playbook and i love it but anyhow. do i need a case? i bought incipio silicrylic and have put the screen protector. the case makes it a little bigger but i dont mind. my only q is whether the playbook will overheat with it ? thoughts? do i even need the case since it has the pouch? i am not clamsy btw
    02-06-12 09:47 PM
    i have several cases that i use and i have not noticed any overheating. but i prefer to use my pb naked (the pb that is).
    02-06-12 10:28 PM
    no! you wont feel any extra heat unless you are charging your device
    02-06-12 10:39 PM
    I haven't had any problems on anything that I put a case on. I think its necessary if you want to ensure protection of your blackberry from everyday accidents (scratches, bumps, light drops). I'm pretty careful with my electronics but I prefer to have a case anyway just for some insurance .

I'm using the Blackberry Convertible Case for my playbook and I love it. If it only had a magnetic snap that would make it perfect, but I can do without it lol.
    02-06-12 11:12 PM
    i just got my playbook and i love it but anyhow. do i need a case? i bought incipio silicrylic and have put the screen protector. the case makes it a little bigger but i dont mind. my only q is whether the playbook will overheat with it ? thoughts? do i even need the case since it has the pouch? i am not clamsy btw
    I have an otterbox case for my playbook thats is heavy duty. I dont know how many times I have dropped it and the playbook still works.

Here is a link for it.
    Amazon.com: OtterBox Blackberry Playbook Tablet Defender Case: Electronics
    02-06-12 11:16 PM
    I'll vouch for the BB Convertible Case. It works well and looks nice.

But, I recently got the Blurex leather case from Amazon.com ($25) and love it. It allows me to charge the PlayBook on the charging dock without taking it out of the case (the one annoying thing about the convertible case is that I always had to remove it so I could use the dock). The Blurex case (goes by other names such as Acase) looks beautiful. There are a couple of threads here on CB that you can check out.
    02-06-12 11:44 PM
    if our otterbox armor doesn't cause the thing to overheat, i think you're safe wrapping it in just about anything..as a bonus you could use it as a curling stone with confidence!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-06-12 11:48 PM
    no! you wont feel any extra heat unless you are charging your device
    Charging Li-Ion batteries should not result in excessive heat. If it does, then your battery or the charger is malfunctioning.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-07-12 at 01:20 AM.
    02-07-12 01:14 AM
    i have several cases that i use and i have not noticed any overheating. but i prefer to use my pb naked (the pb that is).
    I hope pb in this case doesnt mean peanut butter
    02-07-12 06:35 AM
    Thats hilarious
    02-07-12 06:53 AM
    One of the suggestions for the name for OS2 (rim has run into some copyright issues on its first few ideas) was Jelly. So it would be pb&J!!!!
    02-07-12 09:21 AM
    I got the convertible case but I never use it. I found that the pouch it came with works fine. I prefer the thinness of the PB without a case when I'm using it.
    02-07-12 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD