Another way you could carry the playbook is inside a cereal box and anytime you pass by someone you could pull it out and say you got the prize.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 06-12-11 at 09:28 AM.
    Masahiro and schiri like this.
    06-12-11 08:20 AM
    You must have some big pockets!
    A lot of the urban kids these days have these oversize jeans and pants that you could put a laptop in!
    06-12-11 06:51 PM
    today i realized i had my playbook in my pants. I was thinking.. I wish I had my playbook and realized that out of habit I put it in my pocket. it was there when I wanted it

it was a cool moment.

I also noticed that i was the only one with a tablet every one else was playing games on their phone
    06-12-11 07:46 PM
    I have a shoulder bag from this site. It is ballistic nylon and will outlast the PB. Little on the expensive side, but offers great protection.
    Need a case or bag for your laptop, tablet, mobile device, or gadget? We've got you covered - WaterField Design - Made in USA
    VERY nice... I'm really liking the Muzetto (black/red for me!). My trusty old Diesel bag has seen better days and the Onsight Equipment bag is great for commuting to work but I'd like something smaller when I'm out and about.

Onsight Equipment Ltd. --
    06-12-11 08:09 PM
    Not a bad solution, but with the shoulder strap is it a murse or not a murse?
    WHO CARES?

The bottom line is that bags are immensely useful, especially if you're the sort that doesn't go everywhere in a car. I don't feel any less masculine for carrying my things in a small bag that has a strap, in fact I carry things in my bag that people associate with being masculine because they come in handy.
    06-12-11 08:35 PM
    I have a question for you guys.....are you guys buying these bags JUST to carry the Playbook around or will it be multipurpose? I don't see the sense in buying a bag just for the PB. My PB's usually in my camera bag, but when I go out without my bag, I just carry it in hand.....of course I live in Upstate, NY so I drive everywhere which makes this easy. If I still lived in NYC and had to take mass transit everywhere I'd always have some kind of non girly looking bag with me
    Last edited by Prey521; 06-12-11 at 08:37 PM.
    06-12-11 08:35 PM
    I carry mine in my hand and always in its neoprene sleeve. I dropped it on some brick steps the other day. Sleeve fully protected it. Whew.
    06-12-11 08:43 PM
    When I resurrected this thread a couple of days ago (apologies in advance for forum necromancy), the purpose was to see if anyone had found a HANDS-FREE carry solution that did not scream man purse. Several folks offered solutions with hackerguy offering the solution with the most promise. I'd love to get back to that topic without the millionth suggestion of cargo pants, jackets, and the wife's purse.
    Didn't realize your were looking for a solution rather than wondering what other people had decided to do. Here's one for you. One of the cases on the market has a strap attached. Take the strap and loop it through one of your pant loops and then connect it to the case. And if you want to go further you can attach a pull string to your pant loop and then to the loop of the case and never have to detach it.
    06-12-11 08:46 PM
    Didn't realize your were looking for a solution rather than wondering what other people had decided to do. Here's one for you. One of the cases on the market has a strap attached. Take the strap and loop it through one of your pant loops and then connect it to the case. And if you want to go further you can attach a pull string to your pant loop and then to the loop of the case and never have to detach it.
    That just seems... Clumsy.
    06-12-11 08:58 PM
    I have a question for you guys.....are you guys buying these bags JUST to carry the Playbook around or will it be multipurpose? I don't see the sense in buying a bag just for the PB. My PB's usually in my camera bag, but when I go out without my bag, I just carry it in hand.....of course I live in Upstate, NY so I drive everywhere which makes this easy. If I still lived in NYC and had to take mass transit everywhere I'd always have some kind of non girly looking bag with me
    The Amazon satchel is a great companion for the PB, business cards, charger, cigs, and any other do-dad.

I love it.
    06-12-11 08:59 PM
    The Amazon satchel is a great companion for the PB, business cards, charger, cigs, and any other do-dad.

I love it.
    Link?

/10chars
    06-12-11 09:02 PM
    That just seems... Clumsy.
    True, but he doesn't seem to like clothing options like shirts or hoodies with pouches. Maybe even a vest.
    06-12-11 09:06 PM
    keep mines in a 10in netbook laptop bag or my pockets, i dont wear skinny jeans so fits perfectly in the free case Blackberry provided lol
    06-12-11 09:31 PM
    True, but he doesn't seem to like clothing options like shirts or hoodies with pouches. Maybe even a vest.
    And there is a reason for that. I live in the tropics. I would love to use one of those solutions, but its not viable in this climate. As to the other question, yes I am looking for something to carry the playbook only. If I'm going to carry lots of stuff, I'll just place the Playbook in my normal laptop bag and rock on. As the Playbook is certainly a viable laptop replacement, I'm looking to take it with me in circumstances were I am going minimalist on bags. So far, it looks like the Exo Sleeve Case is the best option. I've sent an email to the owner to confirm it will work with the Playbook inside the OEM Convertible Case, but no response yet.
    06-13-11 06:28 AM
    Remember MC Hammers pants? Works like a dream!

Chicks dig the look too.
    06-13-11 06:42 AM
    i just carry it around like a book because i can. i love waiting in a long line and listening to the impatient sighs and groans of everyone around me, while im surfing the net with my bridge browser or playing one of my games. it makes time go fast, i saw someone trying to do the same with a ipad when i was returning my ipad. she almost dropped it trying to juggle the bag with the stuff she was returning and opening the case she was using. i just tucked the ipad box under my arm for a second then took the stand thingy off the front of my otterbox, put it on its back and i was in business. mind you i don't know what case she was using.
    06-13-11 07:03 AM
    Link?

/10chars
    Amazon.com: Rothco Venturer Travel Portfolio Bag: Sports & Outdoors

Great Bag indeed. Its manly, macho, and if you are a veteran like me... Reminds you of the good ole days of OD green and canvas.
    Last edited by tstrike34; 06-13-11 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Correction, grammar, and content
    celler likes this.
    06-13-11 07:31 AM
    Very nice. Its hard to tell from the picture, is the strap a shoulder strap or designed to be used more like a belt. Oh, and will the PB fit when its already inside something like the OEM Convertible Case?
    06-13-11 07:35 AM
    Very nice. Its hard to tell from the picture, is the strap a shoulder strap or designed to be used more like a belt. Oh, and will the PB fit when its already inside something like the OEM Convertible Case?
    Yes it has a long shoulder strap and the PB fits like a charm... you use another pouch for the charger... I put my Storm2 in the front pocket, my business cards inside, and my cigs/lighter in the interior pocket...

It carries lightweight and is easily distinguishable.

I am probably going to move my Storm2 back to my hip or alongside of the PB pocket (it has room to spare even with a Journal Case) so that I can pack my derringer inside (I do have a CHL here in Texas).
    Last edited by tstrike34; 06-13-11 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Content addition
    celler likes this.
    06-13-11 10:52 AM
    (I do have a CHL here in Texas).
    God bless Texas and thank you for your service.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    06-13-11 11:00 AM
    God bless Texas and thank you for your service.
    Thank you brother. Its a pleasure to serve.
    06-13-11 11:04 AM
    I keep mine in the convertible case pretty much all the time (I did mod part of the frame to support docking it in the charger while still in the case).

If just walking around, going to lunch, etcetera, I just carry it like a notebook. Otherwise it rides in the outside pocket of my briefcase in the convertible case, for quick easy access.
    06-13-11 11:08 AM
    I carry my Playbook with me on the days I work. It is more portable than an ipad hands down. I'm just waiting for a nice carrying case. Any recommendations anyone besides a man bag lol
    06-13-11 11:37 AM
    I keep mine in the convertible case pretty much all the time (I did mod part of the frame to support docking it in the charger while still in the case).<snip>
    I'd love to see what that mod looks like.
    06-13-11 12:36 PM
    Carry mine in a Icon case that my dad picked up in Canada for me...there was a pretty big thread about it here. Playbook fits like a dream into it and the carbon fibre look makes it look snazzy.

Still small enough to stick into my pocket if need be but i tend to carry it round like a filofex organiser as its that small.

Highly recommended the icon case, sadly only available in Canada at the moment.
    06-13-11 01:09 PM
179 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD