Amazon.com: Rothco Venturer Travel Portfolio Bag: Sports & Outdoors

Great Bag indeed. Its manly, macho, and if you are a veteran like me... Reminds you of the good ole days of OD green and canvas.
    I received mine today. It is da bomb. Perfectly sized for the Playbook. Also comes in tactical black, my favorite. Fits Playbook inside the OEM Convertible case like it was made for it. Seriously, guys, if I didn't know better, I would think it is specifically designed for the Playbook. Nice, non-murse canvas shoulder strap plus a belt loop on the back if you prefer that. Room for your BB too, space for a pen, credit card, zippered compartments for important papers. And the best part - CHEAP!!! Add something like a set of AA Eneloops to the order to get free shipping. Thank you tstrike34 for this awesome find.
    Last edited by celler; 06-18-11 at 07:52 PM.
    06-18-11 07:17 PM
    as it stands ive found it fits in my suit and casual jackets no problem

ive not gotten around to breaking out the tactical man bag but it may come to that eventually
    06-18-11 07:56 PM
    as it stands ive found it fits in my suit and casual jackets no problem

ive not gotten around to breaking out the tactical man bag but it may come to that eventually
    Move to the tropics where coats and jacket are not an option, and you'll understand what a find this was.
    06-18-11 07:58 PM
    I got the convertible case and I just ordered the zip case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-18-11 08:04 PM
    I'd love to see what that mod looks like.
    Though I would love to take credit, I copied what Snuci posted: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/co...ml#post6369288
    celler likes this.
    06-18-11 09:45 PM
    I've been using this bag to carry my PB and DSLR camera plus all my EDC stuff.
    06-19-11 01:56 AM
    Move to the tropics where coats and jacket are not an option, and you'll understand what a find this was.
    i dread to think, i dont get on with hot weather at the best of times

just discovered this morning that the pb fits in the back of my camera bag quite snugly, now just to wait for usb host support so i can hook the pb up to it directly
    06-19-11 02:40 AM
    I just broke down and bought the Ben Sherman Accessories Commuter bag. As a man who frequently has to clear security checkpoints, it makes sense to carry a murse. With increasingly nomadic office arrangements, I am hoping to enjoy the added benefit of being able to quickly collect my gear and go. Depending on the capacity of my man bag, I may add a pico projector to the mix of electronics I schlepp from place to place. I am feeling less self-conscious about carrying a murse because I am starting to observe the practice as being accepted as more common and less metrosexual as toting consmer electronics devices becomes more mainstream.
    01-25-12 06:12 AM
    Honestly I cant figure out how so many people are able to make that thing fit in pants pockets. It wont fit in my jeans at all and I have several pairs of carhartt dunagrees.

It does however fit very nicely in my carhartt jacket even with the OEM journal case.
    01-25-12 06:35 AM
    mine goes in my laptop bag during office days .
    01-25-12 09:24 AM
    There is another thread like this. It advised how the PlayBook was changing our wardrobes. I, for one, find myself wearing more of my cargo pants and shorts since my PlayBook fits perfectly in the leg pockets.
    01-25-12 09:33 AM
    Targus truss case on mine when out and about, so I just carry it in my hands. Most people think its just a small journal, or notepad.
    01-25-12 09:39 AM
    That's what kids are for, right? I usually hand it off to them (of course, it's Otterbox protected) and let them play games while we get to our destination. Then I make an executive decision to take charge of the PB. My turn to play games and surf the interwebs.
    01-25-12 09:43 AM
    I've been using this bag to carry my PB and DSLR camera plus all my EDC stuff.
    Click to view quoted image
    I use that same 511 to carry my 1911s'
    01-25-12 09:44 AM
    I carry it in my hand since it's not intrusive enough to warrant a bag. It also fits okay in the front pocket of a few pairs of pants and easily in a sport coat. No murse for this guy, I don't care how "manly" you think a satchel bag is.
    bjemiller likes this.
    01-25-12 09:49 AM
    My hand, and still in the original casing.

It sure has a certain appeal to it, dark blue pants, white shirt, grey pullover, black leather shoes, black leather belt and a watch which also has a black leather belt, topping it off with a black raincoat with in my left hand : Yes you've guessed it allright? My PlayBook with a huge BlackBerry logo on the casing(the one that comes with it).

Men, don't trust your wives with hardware like that! Instead : roll in style with a subtle BlackBerry logo onto it. Love it!
    01-25-12 09:50 AM
    slips in the original casing into my hand bag
    01-25-12 09:54 AM
    I keep it in the "laptop compartment" of my backpack, as I am a student. I never carry it around in my pockets. It is too big and it could get hurt if I fall or run into something.
    01-25-12 10:01 AM
    Easier than I could a 10" tablet.
    alnamvet68 and TerribleTim68 like this.
    01-25-12 10:09 AM
    I have a seperate very small "backpack" for my PB and bose headphones in their case(wired, with ear pods, very small ones, just like regular ones, only bose).

Waiting for my case to arrive so I can carry without as many worries.
    01-25-12 10:46 AM
    I use my hands. It works really great in them..
    01-25-12 11:13 AM
    Since it's still fairly new to me, I'm still using the neoprene case and into my purse, then at work I carry it around. I still have the journal case which will be used in good time but so far I'm enjoying not covering up the logo on the back, and when fellow commuters admire my tv show streaming in no wifi zones, they can identify my device!
    01-25-12 11:16 AM
    Neoprene case is fine for now, but I would like to get a case for it, like the iCon Fiber, in the future so I can just flip up and go. Either way, it's nice to be able to use the Playbook even in a crowded subway while most 10" tablet users can only use theirs while sitting down.

Finding a seat on the TTC at 8:30 in the morning in the middle of the main line? Not happening.
    01-25-12 11:27 AM
    I keep mine in the Blackberry convertible case, it adds a bit of size but not much. I find that it still easily fits int othe inside pocket of just about every jacket I own so that is my default place to carry it.

Besides, it looks cool (in a geek sort of way) when you pull it out of your inside pocket and people notice that they couldn't do that with their iPad.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    01-25-12 11:44 AM
    I use that same 511 to carry my 1911s'
    I have the Maxpedition bag from which 5.11 copied from for their design. It's a great bag, for whatever reason though, I am too "shy" to use it in public.

That being said, a naked PlayBook fits in my back pants pocket with a bit of persistence.
    01-25-12 02:15 PM
179 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD