Hey guys,

I was planning on using my Playbook to store music (since its 64GB) and I didnt want to keep the aux cable plugged in and then the PB in my lap or the seat. So i was looking online to find some dash mounts (not windshield mounts) so that i can mount it and change the song and keep the music player running. Also, I was thinking about using it as a dash cam so I was looking for a mount that wouldnt cover the camera. Many mounts that i saw on amazon or ebay covered the camera but I saw this one (Amazon.com: iKross Car Dashboard Mount Holder for Kindle Fire, iPad 1 2 The New iPad Wifi / 3G / 4G LTE Model, Asus Transformer Prime, Eee Pad Transformer TF101 TF 102 TF300, Acer ICONIA TAB A100, Iconia A500, Iconia W500, BlackBerry PlayBook, Samsun) but im not sure if it would cover the camera or not? Does anyone have experience with this mount or have any other dash or airvent mounts that would support the PB in horizontal view and not obstruct the camera so i can use the camera and as a music player? I really appreciate all the help!!
    01-13-13 10:29 PM
    Take a look at Pro Clip USA Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices. They have a selection of mount points for various tablets. I use their mounts for my 9900/Asus Transformer in my Benz. Though, they're not cheap.
    NimmyxHuynh likes this.
    01-13-13 11:18 PM
    I use a PRO Fit International mounting bracket specific to my vehicle. Then I used a RAM mount angle plate,RAM-B-125B-G1U, a 6" double socket arm, and the X-Grip II tablet holder. I've used this configuration for almost a year and it is very solid with almost no vibration issues over dirt roads. A small part of the X-Grip gets in the way of the camera due to the grip arm rubber knob. I removed that when using as a dash cam.
    01-14-13 01:22 AM
    I've been looking for a similar solution - mcheney7, can you take a picture of your solution?
    01-14-13 04:34 PM
    I finally got home before dark. Here are pictures of my car dash mount as requested. One of the pictures is taken with the Playbook in the mount. You can see in the lower left of the frame a brown line just above the wipers. That is the only part of the mount that is visible after taking the rubber cover off.
    Car dash mount-img_00000050.jpgCar dash mount-img_00000051.jpgCar dash mount-img_00000053.jpgCar dash mount-img_00000048.jpg
    01-18-13 05:59 PM
    I just recently purchased a ram mount for small tablets and mounted it under my dash...then bent the support bar so that it sits under the centre of the dash. Very solid!! My vehicle is a Chevy Silverado so a dash mount or Window mount didn't work. I'll post a pic soon....once I get the spawn in bed!
    01-20-13 07:44 PM
    A few pics...
    Car dash mount-img-20130120-00054.jpgCar dash mount-img-20130120-00055.jpgCar dash mount-img-20130120-00056.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Car dash mount-img-20130120-00054.jpg   Car dash mount-img-20130120-00055.jpg   Car dash mount-img-20130120-00056.jpg  
    01-20-13 08:46 PM
    Thanks mcheney7 for posting your pics!
    01-20-13 08:53 PM
    thanks for the tip!!
    I have been coming to crackberry.com for some time but never really made an account.
    I saw this thread and decided to get a car mount.
    It's true, it didn't come cheap!! the dash holder was $29.99USD and the tablet mount was $49.99USD
    what will probably kill you is the shipping and customs fee (if you're ordering from Canada) which was 1/3 of the cost of two items. -__-
    It was easy to install. Takes about 10-15 minutes (or less) to hook everything up. Here's what mine looks like:
    without the tablet:
    Car dash mount-421692_10151434798709274_367733463_n.jpg

with the tablet:
    Car dash mount-554543_10151434209569274_384158299_n.jpg
    01-25-13 04:04 PM
    It's nice to see all these custom holders. I for one just can't see myself paying as much for a holder as the PlayBook itself. Plus I drive a lot of different vehicles and each of them is different. So I went with an easier solution. I use the basic clothesline method. I bent a hanger and hook it into the front air vent near the window. I then simple sit the flap on the keyboard case in the loop of the hanger. Gravity does the rest. Cost is a coathanger and 10 minutes time. A pair of needle nose pliers helps for cutting and bending. Surprisingly you can make one for multiple vehicles. And it's hardly noticeable.
    01-25-13 06:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=744096
    Here's one I made with aluminum c channel.
    01-25-13 08:19 PM
    All these mounts look amazing! After some research, I found this one on amazon and I would be able to use the camera as well if I mount it on the dash. Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for iPad Mini and 7-Inch Tablets: Computers & Accessories .. Would it be a good idea or would the RAM mounts be better?
    01-26-13 12:30 AM
    All these mounts look amazing! After some research, I found this one on amazon and I would be able to use the camera as well if I mount it on the dash. Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for iPad Mini and 7-Inch Tablets: Computers & Accessories .. Would it be a good idea or would the RAM mounts be better?
    Windshield mount and heavy tablet = bad idea imo.
    01-26-13 12:38 AM
    Oh okay..It seemed pretty good from the pictures and videos i saw on youtube? Also, I was looking at the iGrip dashmount specifically for Playbook in the crackberry store but read and saw on the youtube video that the PB holder is hard plastic and is hard to get the PB in/out constantly and scratches the edges as well? Anyone have experience with that and with how to prevent scratches from that holder?
    01-26-13 04:11 PM
    I flirted with a windshield mount for the PB but the PB surprisingly takes up a lot real estate which isn't too safe.... Especially if the suction cup comes off and the PB comes flying off and under foot.

As for pricing - any accessory for the PB is excessive when you think what they're selling it for.... The bloody keyboard is almost as expensive.... Can I say bloody??

At any rate - you need to find a solution that fits your needs and screw price point if it works.
    01-26-13 11:51 PM
    Oh yeah, price wise i agree. Before I bought the keyboard case, i researched a lot for deals and such and found one brand new for $70 (USD), better than $120. Also, I found a deal for the iGrip mount for playbook itself for $15 but the only thing that's honestly worrying me is that I prefer to use the keyboard case or i take it out of the case and put it on a small stand for tablets, so i dont want to scratch the bezels or edges with that plastic holder thats provided with the iGrip. I was hoping to use it as a music player (64 GB is an insane amount! ) and i was planning to use it as a dash cam as well. I averaged out that a 45 minute video would be about 4 GB so i was thinking of using the video, then when i get home, just delete the video. So for that i need the camera to be exposed so i thought of the Arkon one i posted before, since I dont want to dish out so much cash to mount it while i drive to class and then back home. Does anyone have experience with the iGrip, namely the holder scratching/not scratching the edges?
    01-27-13 12:16 AM
    Hey guys..I bought a dash mount for the PB (finally!!) and I was thinking, would those beanbag dash mount holders or whatever they're called, for GPS devices work with the mount? I bought this (Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for iPad Mini and 7-Inch Tablets: Computers & Accessories) and this is the GPS beanbag mount i am talking about, would it be able to hold the weight of the PB? something like this (Amazon.com: Bracketron UFM-100BL Nav-Mat GPS Friction Dash Pad: Electronics) or this (Amazon.com: Open Front Heavy Duty Friction Mount Base for Garmin, Tomtom, Magellan GPS Devices: GPS & Navigation) or this (Amazon.com: TomTom GPS Dashboard Mount for TomTom GPS Navigators: Electronics). I apologize for all the links, but I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff.
    02-13-13 01:02 AM