Hey Caboose, if your trying to get contracts signed here's a couple of ways I am doing it right now until something a little more native is released. Photo Note works great. I also use Free Hand and a Photo/autographer app. After creating the contract you just need to save in a PNG. Then fire it up on the PB program and sign and save and it will save a new "save as" file. Again it works great for the time being.
    That sounds pretty simple thanks for the info, I'll give that a try.
    05-23-11 06:53 PM
    I just got a Griffin from Staples and it seems to work fine....even through my Otterbox protective screen. Can use it at many angles....need to press a little harder than if you were not using the Otterbox.
    05-25-11 05:46 PM
    I just got a Griffin from Staples and it seems to work fine....even through my Otterbox protective screen. Can use it at many angles....need to press a little harder than if you were not using the Otterbox.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-27-11 11:15 AM
    Which app are you using the Griffin stylus with on your BB Playbook? Also does the stylus have a fine tip where you can clearly write the same size as you would if you were writing with a pencil on a sheet of old school notebook paper with blue horizontal lines and red vertical left colmn line?

05-27-11 11:19 AM
    Now that you have tweaked your app I am getting it for my new Playbook. I love and respect your eagerness for feedback to improve your app. Please create a solution for a fine point stylus to be able to clearly write the size that we used to write on old school notebook paper. What stylus is working best for you and do you foresee the aforementioned capability to write with a fine point stylus precisely in small font

05-27-11 11:51 AM
    also tried a griffin and my otterbox, but not stastfied with it. i used skit to take noted, but the drawing lags too far from the pen, from my experience. it gets much better without the case but it s such a paim to remove that i might wait forba better solutuion as well. i tried he htc flyer today and i must say that i was impressed by its ease to take note with the htc flyus on top of pdf natively. i really hope rim and adobe come wih a professional solution to the annotation of pdf. what do u all think?
    05-29-11 03:05 PM
    Which app are you using the Griffin stylus with on your BB Playbook? Also does the stylus have a fine tip where you can clearly write the same size as you would if you were writing with a pencil on a sheet of old school notebook paper with blue horizontal lines and red vertical left colmn line?

I am using Photo Note to sign documents....it is clearly not perfect and nowhere near using a pen on paper, but....it is paperless and a lot less cumbersome than loads of paper. I am not using it for note-taking. I think they will all perform the same due to the tip constraints...mine is the size of a regular pencil eraser approximately. It definitely would work better without my Otterbox screen protector but I am not willing to give that up.
    05-29-11 06:08 PM
    Looking at the HTC Flyer it comes with a stylus with a fairly small tip, good for note taking.

Can such a stylus be used with the PlayBook?
    05-30-11 01:28 PM
    So what we need is something like the N-trig pen I have on my HP touchpad, and a program like MS One note
    05-30-11 02:18 PM
    Looking at the HTC Flyer it comes with a stylus with a fairly small tip, good for note taking.

Can such a stylus be used with the PlayBook?
    it did not work with an otterbox on, i think the htc stylus is somehow coupled with the flyer. the tip is retractable when pressed but i am not sure what it does.
    05-30-11 03:29 PM
    I bought a Kensington stylus. The tip is pretty large, half the size of my pinky finger. I need to press moderately hard so that the tip widens out before it is detected by the screen. Writing is difficult.

Honestly my old Dell Axim with a resistive screen was easier to write on with the fine stylus that came with it.

I am wondering if HTC is using a different touch screen for their pen to work. I'm starting to fear that the PlayBook's screen simply won't support a small pen input.
    05-30-11 05:04 PM
    Well, I guess that having two screen protectors on negates using a stylus or the Griffin one I got is bad. I've got a matte screen protector directly on the pb. I then have the Otterbox's screen protector over that.

My finger works fine.

The stylus demonstrates NO contact at all. Drawing, swiping and stabbing.
    I'm having exactly the same problem.
    I put a screen protector over top of the Otterbox screen protector. I don't want to scratch up the otterbox protector because its attached to the case.

But when I use my cheapo made-in-China $3 capacitive pen, it doesn't work at all. Using my fingers works just fine, but the pen will not work.

Any ideas why? I suppose theres just too many layers of plastic.
    01-31-12 12:15 AM
    I have not tried any new experiments or styli since my initial experiments. At the moment I'm doing a battery check against wifi/bt while in Standby so my Otterbox has been off for 24 hours but I do not have any styli to test!

Maybe others have some ideas.
    01-31-12 08:50 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD