your all wrong, every owner of a pb will get a knock on there front door Feb 1st and one of the ceo's will shake your hand then go on to thank you for supporting RIM and will then hand you a free PB mk2 with os2 on it.
    he will then stand with his legs apart and invite you to kick him in the knackers as a way of aliviating your pent up frustration !

"Oh wait, sorry that was a dream I had the other night".

because after all we work hard and we make our own choices with our hard earned cash, so when you decide to invest in a product you should expect it to do what it says on the tin! what you dont expect is to get part of a product with the promise that you will get the rest someday soon, but hay- this seems to be what these multi billion dollar companys expect from punters these days, in effect you are paying to help develop a product. that being the case you should either get the product for free (are you insaine?) or at least get something for free thats worth while. oh wait we did we got all those free apps that we all desprately needed!

just my twisted humour playing out, No offence meant to all those die hard "RIM could run me over with a truck and id still want to have there children brigade"!
    emtunc, FF22 and Lhendr like this.
    01-07-12 07:52 AM
    OS 2 is gonna ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

They're already 'hiding' some features from the BETA version so I wonder what else they could be hiding apart from native e-mail, video chat...
    01-07-12 08:04 AM
    OK... perhaps I misunderstood...I just re-read your initial post and I think you were being sarcastic, if so, please accept my apologies. I missed the sarcasm. I did think you were calling me naive though.

However I am not a man.
    Well I have to aplologize for the wrong assumption lady.

It's all good girl!
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    01-07-12 08:07 AM
    You missed at least a "7" in that date, however, since nobody ever thought they meant February 1st!

At this point I'm assuming we won't see it except in a demonstration until Mobile World Congress 2012 (Feb 27 to Mar 1)

It might be earlier, but I'd like to be surprised by RIM in a positive way, for a change.
    Exactly... no way is feb 1 the big date.

And dont be surprised if mwc comes and its just "announced", not released.
    01-07-12 08:10 AM
    I'm betting on January 31 midnite. Wouldn't that be a hoot.
    That would make a great bd gift
    bbvj likes this.
    01-07-12 08:31 AM
    F2, I had the same memory, but checked and don't suppose one would call what he said "categorical" if we use a definition I had to look up, which is "Unambiguously explicit and direct".

An Update on BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

He said: "So when could an end user get the new update? We expect to deliver the new BlackBerry PlayBook OS to customers in February 2012 and we�ll continue to keep you updated as we progress to the launch."

So merely they "expect" to get it to us in February. There's still room for delay in that.

I do, however, take the announcements of impending demonstrations of it as a very good sign, given that we expected those at DevCon followed by a release within a few weeks. If they're ready to demonstrate now, it seems to me February is truly an achievable target.
    Thanks for confirming my GRAY gray matter still matters and remembers. I EXPECT that he provided wiggle room with his use of EXPECT.
    01-07-12 10:49 AM
    That would make a great bd gift
    Provided it's one second before midnight, I'd agree!
    01-07-12 10:55 AM
    i was visited by a RIM representative back in November so that he coould pass over some Playbooks for seeding, i was told Feb 17 at that timeTo tell you the truth though,if there wereto be a week or two slippage , as long as they get it right, i wouldnt complain....
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-07-12 11:16 AM
    Heh... if RIM don't meet their "expected in February" statement, the firestorm will be immense IMHO.

I realise that "expected" isn't a promise, but it has been interpreted as just that by world & wife, plus press, and markets. I've read many press/news stories that contain something along the lines of "Playbook... delayed new OS... due February". Even a slip of a few weeks accompanied by "we need more time to get this right" statements wouldn't placate any of them.

However, I firmly believe that OS2 will be hands-on demo'ed at CES (the time that sealed units under glass plus some powerpoint presentations would impress anyone is long past) and released sometime in February.

Here's hopin'
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-07-12 12:03 PM
    Heh... if RIM don't meet their "expected in February" statement, the firestorm will be immense IMHO.

I realise that "expected" isn't a promise, but it has been interpreted as just that by world & wife, plus press, and markets. I've read many press/news stories that contain something along the lines of "Playbook... delayed new OS... due February". Even a slip of a few weeks accompanied by "we need more time to get this right" statements wouldn't placate any of them.

However, I firmly believe that OS2 will be hands-on demo'ed at CES (the time that sealed units under glass plus some powerpoint presentations would impress anyone is long past) and released sometime in February.

Here's hopin'
    You do know man has never landed on the moon. I think Rim helped with that presentation, too!

Well, you already see apologists, saying "a few weeks late doesn't matter as long as they get it right!" A few WEEKS late? Months, perhaps. Almost a YEAR nearly.

And I EXPECT there will again be those who tell us it was never a promise or contract - that the statement included "EXPECT."

Now, go back to the moors and turn off your power until halfway through February plus some leeway.................
    01-07-12 12:27 PM
    When it comes out I would expect it to be done right. Until then I am using my PB to the max and enjoying it to the fullest.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-07-12 12:30 PM
    If it isn't here on Feb 1 I expect to be checking out of Crackberry for a while until the storm passes ... but that is a schedule not a promise.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    01-07-12 12:34 PM
    'Can't wait till February' 'Can't wait till BB10' .. on and on..

Reminds me of peoples comments when they get to work on Monday and asking 'Is it Friday yet?'

Life is too short to wish your life away waiting for this and that. I enjoy what I have NOW with the PB, and have a lot of fun. When it comes, it comes. Then I will have even more FUN!
    01-07-12 12:46 PM
    This is pathetic !.... I am tired of more of the same... lack of accuracy in the info, no official dtatements just mere gossip...
    01-07-12 12:56 PM
    ...or will it be near the end of February, say around the 27th? Following is from Berry Review (sorry, link wouldn't paste):

"Well we know that RIM has already committed to shipping BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 by the end of February but now we have a new twist. RIM PR sent out an email prepping for Mobile World Congress which is happening in Barcelona from February 27th until March 1st. They confirm that 2012 is �The year of BlackBerry 10� and they will �be showcasing the capabilities of our future operating system.� Some are taking that to mean that RIM will actually show off BlackBerry OS 10 or even devices but I doubt that. The only thing that has me truly wondering is if RIM will simply rename the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 to BlackBerry 10�"
    01-07-12 04:35 PM
    The Feb. 17th date is what my friend who works for RIM told me last night.
    Well the general press has widely quoted the RIM CEO as saying a 'February' release

This year February has 29 days.
    This would mean that half way from 1 to 29 will give 14.5

So a good 'guess-timate' is February 14th. That way you will be either on target, or half-way to correct - or + either way

One way we can get a closer estimate is to find out when sellers, like Staples and Best Buy, are preparing ad copy with promo-prices to coordinate with the OS2 roll out.
    Last edited by mandony; 01-07-12 at 07:34 PM.
    01-07-12 07:30 PM
    ...because I'm eager to read that 1 thread and the other 800 redundant threads on 02/01 saying "They promised February but I received nothing yet!"

02/02 Another 500 threads more saying "RIM is a joke. Where's 2.0?"

Seriously, let's hope for an awesome upgrade with very few or no discrepancies.
    I have high hopes for that upgrade and future software development.
    Couldn't agree more lol
    01-08-12 12:55 PM
    I agree that some will continue enjoying their Playbook even if the update does not come as promised - hmm - expected (myself included), but you should also realize that if it doesn't come in February, that will be just another huge PR failure for RIM that will get the entire Playbook project to possible discontinuation even closer.
    01-08-12 01:31 PM
    I agree that some will continue enjoying their Playbook even if the update does not come as promised - hmm - expected (myself included), but you should also realize that if it doesn't come in February, that will be just another huge PR failure for RIM that will get the entire Playbook project to possible discontinuation even closer.
    I would even go that far to say that RIM is gonna lose the last bit of credibility that's left if that update never comes. Times have changed. This would even get the hardliners pi$$ed off in disappointment. This would be a fatal blow.
    peter9477 and jafobabe like this.
    01-08-12 01:34 PM
    I would even go that far to say that RIM is gonna lose the last bit of credibility that's left if that update never comes. Times have changed. This would even get the hardliners pi$$ed off in disappointment. This would be a fatal blow.
    I agree with you.. I have been known for using the scissors I run with too! ..
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-08-12 02:02 PM
    He said: "So when could an end user get the new update? We expect to deliver the new BlackBerry PlayBook OS to customers in February 2012 and we�ll continue to keep you updated as we progress to the launch."

So merely they "expect" to get it to us in February. There's still room for delay in that.
    Research In (Dead-Stop) Motions does not have the luxury of any further delays for any of its products. The goodwill of its loyal users has been squandered to the point the company needs to execute flawlessly in February of 2012.
    peter9477, FF22, ralfyguy and 1 others like this.
    01-08-12 04:42 PM
    with PB OS 2.0 being officially unveiled in 2days, how can you still doubt it won't come out next month? And BB 10 at the end of the february
    01-08-12 07:39 PM
    I ordered a 64GB Playbook @ 299. I expect to be complaining in here soon too!
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-08-12 07:46 PM
    Nowhere did they promise anyone Feb 1st. Or 28th. Or 29th. Did they even say categorically February? Or is that more speculation? Hard dates seem to magically appear from nowhere it seems...
    You know, I am so loving the playbook that I can wait for a decent update that will make a good thing even better. No regrets and will update my phone with another Blackberry. What can I Say? Am loving it.
    01-08-12 07:56 PM
    with PB OS 2.0 being officially unveiled in 2days, how can you still doubt it won't come out next month? And BB 10 at the end of the february
    Officially unveiled? Or a video of what it might offer? And BB 10 is what? Phones? Nothing until Fall. So they can show anything they want in the next two days - that does not mean anything. Folks are still waiting for apps from, it is, TAT?

In Feb we could still get another blog post saying that "In order to provide our customers with the best possible OS2...... An additional delay is necessary...."
    peter9477 and JeepBB like this.
    01-08-12 08:59 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD