Not sure if my PlayBook has become defective. I cannot turn it on from sleep mode by swiping up from the bottom bezel. It use to work when I first got it. Now it does not. Sometimes it will turn on if I swipe from left to right but not from down to up.

Anyone else having issues. This is a great feature but useless if it does not work. I hate to press the ridiculously small power button.
    05-09-11 08:22 PM
    How about from Top to Bottom swipe?

Have you tried rebooting to see if that fixes things? Press all at the same time the (ridiculously small) power button and both the Vol Up and Vol Down buttons.
    05-09-11 08:25 PM
    Sometimes it works and most times it doesn't. Top to bottom or left to right works at times.

Rebooting doesn't work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    05-18-11 07:21 AM
    Take it back and exchange if you're still in that window. If not have RIM replace it.
    05-18-11 07:39 AM
    Take it back and exchange if you're still in that window. If not have RIM replace it.

I would go with this solution. I have never had my PB do that. No matter what, swiping a finger across my screen, not even fully, wakes my PB from sleeping. It sounds defective to me, especially if a hard reset won't fix it.
    05-18-11 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD