Hello everybody!

I've making doing alot of research over the past few months because I wanted to purchase a tablet. I decided to go for the Playbook and just got myself the 64go version. I was able to connect it my home Wi-Fi to do the mandatory update. I configured the inbox and a few applications. I thought I'd transfer a couple songs that I'd like to cary around so I plugged the PB with the USB cable on my computer. I downloaded the software Blackberry Desktop Manager but it is not working! It keeps telling me that I need to do an upgrade, while I know I'm up to date. It's actually putting back default configuration every time. I've done that about 2-3 times already, thinking maybe it will work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!
    01-15-13 11:19 PM
    What "needs an upgrade"? The Desktop software or the pb, according the notice you get?

Here's a link to how to use wifi sharing to copy/move files to/from the pb

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    01-16-13 08:58 AM
    First of all, thank you so much for that link! Wi-Fi sharing worked great and I was able to not only put my music, but also work related documents very quickly.
    As for the Desktop software, it simply cannot connect to the tablet and after a while pops an error messages saying: maybe you need to update your Playbook. But I already downloaded the lasted version via Wi-Fi, so there is obviously a bug with the desktop application. I guess I don't really need to use it with Wi-Fi sharing... Still, I'm not sure if it's the tablet or the desktop application. Any advice about how to figure out this situation?

Thanks in advance!
    01-16-13 09:17 AM
    I don't know how to avoid that Notice. What computer OS, Windows and version. Some have had more difficulties. Some folks have found if they goes into the Device Manager and check out the USB entries, they might find the Rim device is not fully engaged or working correctly.
    taz323 likes this.
    01-16-13 10:27 AM
    Samething happen to me today, would not connect to desktop manager and said it needed to update, hit update and wriped everything on my tablet and it still won't connect. Also have the 64g, weird thing is my 16g connects with no issue.
    01-16-13 01:38 PM
    I posted my problem with the desktop to PlayBook problem last week and got no help. I did the total wipe and reinstall, but first uninstalled the desktop software and reinstalled it. Today I was exploring on my new Windows 8 os- updated from Vista, I went control panel to device and printers to device manager to network adapters to blackberry device to Blackberry Device Properties- it says "This device not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. code 31" so I hit update drivers and it said it had the latest drivers but it still will not work.
    I noticed under device manager one of the selections had usb dongle and it says Black berry Smart Phoneclick on that and it says it is working properly- I don't have a Black berry Phone yet. So is something amiss here? I am not the most savy computer guy but I try to figure this stuff out without begging my son to get involved. So my problem looks the same as the posters. Thanks for your thoughts.
    01-16-13 10:04 PM
    You could also try posting in Rim's official forum:

BlackBerry� PlayBook
    01-17-13 09:21 AM