hi all

just got me a playbook what a great tablet cant believe how good it is,i come to put some music on it and a film from my computor using the bbdm but i keep getting a cant sync check connection error message ,itbacks up the data and tells me my last back up so it is connecting it just wont sync from computer to playbook.ive downloaded the latest version of bbdm but its still the same i can get round this by draging and dropping in windows explorer but would like to fix bbdm any ideas.

thanks in advance

john
    01-28-12 03:15 PM
    Have you enabled file sharing in the PlayBook options>file sharing?
    01-28-12 03:20 PM
    Have you set up DM/DTS for either iTunes or Windows Media Player? Because that's what DTS is actually syncing to.
    01-28-12 03:20 PM
    Are you USB connected, or trying WiFi, because it only work by USB, and you have to allow files sharing on both device I think.
    01-28-12 03:22 PM
    using usb ive enabled file sharing still no good,not sure how to set up dm/dts

john
    01-28-12 03:45 PM
    Have you tried simple drag/drop from computer to pb using Win Explorer (mac version) either with usb or wifi-sharing.
    01-28-12 04:36 PM
    Try using the drop and drag feature. When you connect your tablet to your computer, the computer detects the tablet as an external drive (PlayBook Z drive). If you open it up you will see folders associated with the diffent things you can transfer to the tablet. The trick to this is that you can only transfer media from original file locations If you're on a PC go to my music, or your music folder and copy these files, and paste them in the Z drive. This works for pictures, videos, and even documents. The Desktop Software cannot sync media from iTunes to the tablet especially if you're syncing purchased songs, or album art work. For piracy reasons, iTunes blocks other software from copying media files.
    01-28-12 11:57 PM
    yes i can drag and drop,just thought it would be better to use he dm.
    probably not worth messing around with it.funny thing is after i drop some music to the play book when i reconnected to the dm it reorgnised my music.

by the way how can i do this wireless.

john
    01-29-12 09:26 AM
    For wifi-sharing, open the Gear/options, Scroll down to Storage/Sharing. Turn ON, sharing and wifi sharing (probably set a password).

On your computer, you need the ip address of your pb. It can be found in the same Gear/options under ABOUT, use the dropdown (upper right) and pick Network. The IPv4 address, something like 192.168.1.xxx (ignore the /xx) is your address.

Open Explorer (windows) and enter that address 192.168.1.xxx/media

Where the xxx is your value and add the /media.

You may need to enter the ID which is usually "playbook" and then your password.

That ip address can change so it you lose contact, just check the ip address on the pb.
    01-29-12 10:41 AM
    Try using the drop and drag feature. When you connect your tablet to your computer, the computer detects the tablet as an external drive (PlayBook Z drive). If you open it up you will see folders associated with the diffent things you can transfer to the tablet. The trick to this is that you can only transfer media from original file locations If you're on a PC go to my music, or your music folder and copy these files, and paste them in the Z drive. This works for pictures, videos, and even documents. The Desktop Software cannot sync media from iTunes to the tablet especially if you're syncing purchased songs, or album art work. For piracy reasons, iTunes blocks other software from copying media files.
    I use iTunes to sync with both my PB and BB. If the content is not DRM protected, you can easily sync music using that program (for music anyway). I haven't downloaded other media from iTunes, so I can't speak to that.
    01-29-12 10:48 AM
    thanks for the help will try this out

john
    01-29-12 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD