i have given my grandson my playbook to play with however on this occasion i forgot to wait until i had entered my password.my grandson has given it back tome saying its not working,it appears he has tried to enter a password several times and now i have tried to enter my password i am unable too.i have absolutely no idea what to do.and as he has been using the playbook since christmas the poor lad is almost distraught as by far it is his favourite pastime.

HELP please
    03-04-13 12:37 PM
    If he changed the password unknowingly then I'm afraid all you can do is let it wipe it which means if don't have a backup all is gone. You can get your apps back though.
    03-04-13 12:46 PM
    thankskbz1960
    the pad has mostly been used for playing games/apps that have been put on for his educational needs so doing a wipe would not be a problem.and if the apps were lost then im happy to reload them.
    so how exactly do i wipe and start again.....in very simple laymans terms please
    03-04-13 01:03 PM
    If it's asking for a password all it needs is it entered wrong 10 times and it will wipe by design. Sometimes security is a touchy thing
    03-04-13 01:18 PM
    That sounds like it hasn't been changed. When you say you can't enter it, do you mean there is no keyboard, or it won't respond or what? If you have no keyboard swipe up and right from the bottom left corner to get it back. If you have the keyboard, it will after a certain number of attempts before it will ask you to enter "blackberry" before it will let you try. This is to prevent accidental password attempts, because when you hit 10 wrong it will automatically wipe. From what you're describing you may be at the enter blackberry stage (hopefully) and after you do that you should be able to enter your password and carry on. For him to change the password he'd have had to entered the current password if you had one set.
    Last edited by rmpb; 03-04-13 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Corrected which corner you need to swipe from
    Peter Middleditch likes this.
    03-04-13 01:18 PM
    Rmpb, the kb comes up from the bottom left corner not the right.
    rmpb likes this.
    03-04-13 01:24 PM
    thanks rmpb

followedyour steps and the playbook is back working with all data,apps etc all there and working.im just passingit back to my grandson now who has about half an hour to bedtime,his face is fully of smiles and happiness

thankyou all so much
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-13 01:51 PM
    So a simple case studies for the kb missing then. Glad rmpb came in. I would've never thought that when you said he tried passwords and you did too.
    Peter Middleditch likes this.
    03-04-13 02:14 PM
    So a simple case studies for the kb missing then. Glad rmpb came in. I would've never thought that when you said he tried passwords and you did too.
    My experience from doing phone help on electronics with family/friends is to never overlook the obvious because sometimes it isn't obvious ;-). And it helps that I didn't know about that keyboard trick for a while after I got my PB and it was very frustrating.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-13 07:38 PM
    Rmpb, the kb comes up from the bottom left corner not the right.
    That's what he said.
    03-04-13 08:09 PM
    That's what he said.
    Doh, reading comprehension 101 for me
    03-04-13 08:12 PM
    Doh, reading comprehension 101 for me
    Actually I edited it after I read your post, so you did read it right.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-13 10:17 PM