I had wifi file sharing working. Don't know what I changed. Maybe an ID or network name on the XP?

Anyhow, I have Wifi sharing on at the PB settings, I see the IP address in the About window, but when I try to navigate to that number or use CMD/Run to get a dos window and type it in there I get a timeout or a message, sometimes about not having permission. When I connect with the USB the PB software creates a mapped drive at Z: and I can transfer files. But when I disconnect the playbook, I cannot.

I have rebooted the computer, modem, etc. I have ES File Explorer and it can find the Lan, and Karemsoft Player finds that server, so there IS a wireless connection.

Help!
    11-22-12 07:51 PM
    I haven't used XP for a long time but I guess the method you used was clicking on Run and typing \\pb's_ip_address
    If that didn't work have you tried adding the media at the end? (i.e. \\pb's_ip_address\media).

P.S. I take for granted that you have already wifi and file sharing already enabled in your PB
    11-22-12 08:25 PM
    11-22-12 08:27 PM
    Yes, I tried with /media after the address, as mentioned on another thread. No luck. And yes, wifi and sharing are set up on the PB. Very strange. Stranger yet, with Ghostscript I can see the files and move them wirelessly, just not on the computer itself the way RIM says I should.
    11-23-12 01:36 PM
    Thanks. I have followed those instructions. When I put in the address given by the PB Settings, I get a webpage not available message, still.
    11-23-12 01:40 PM