Everytime I try and enter my gmail address and password it comes up saying my login has changed or is incorrect. It is working fine with bridge? Anyone else having problems with gmail. Everything else seems fine with my update!!!!!
    02-21-12 08:04 AM
    Everytime I try and enter my gmail address and password it comes up saying my login has changed or is incorrect. It is working fine with bridge? Anyone else having problems with gmail. Everything else seems fine with my update!!!!!
    I think the whole GMail and Google Calendar experience is less than ideal. This ActiveSync technology is no push-email. E-mail is delayed by minutes and only selective Google Calender entries come up.... I don't think it's ready for prime time.
    02-21-12 08:19 AM
    I had the same error and was able to get mine working by going to my Gmail account on my PC and resetting the password. If your password is old there may be increased security requirements for a new one.
    02-21-12 08:22 AM
    I had the same message but then remembered that I had turned on 2-step authentication for my Google account and had to go through the settings -> authentication for new device process. Works like a charm now. Very fast message updates and everything syncs flawlessly.
    02-21-12 08:28 AM
    What country are you in? Sometimes there is confusion between whether you should log in as @gmail.com or @googlemail.com
    02-21-12 08:44 AM
    mine works fine... i use @gmail.com
    02-21-12 08:52 AM
    Click "Advanced" then Gmail

This is programming failure imo.
    02-21-12 08:56 AM
    What the difference between "user name" and "e-mail address" in the GMail setup?
    02-21-12 08:59 AM
    What the difference between "user name" and "e-mail address" in the GMail setup?
    User Name is the name people will see when they receive an email from you.
    02-21-12 08:59 AM
    My Gmail works fine. I only had to enter my email address and password.
    02-21-12 09:00 AM
    Click "Advanced" then Gmail

This is programming failure imo.

How is this programming failure? If your setup fails on the General screen you are then directed to the Advanced screen. Having too many choices on the General screen would confuse a ton of people.
    02-21-12 09:02 AM
    User Name is the name people will see when they receive an email from you.
    No, it's not. Entering a name in that field will give an error. I almost seems like you have to enter your e-mail address twice.
    02-21-12 09:07 AM
    No, it's not. Entering a name in that field will give an error. I almost seems like you have to enter your e-mail address twice.
    You're right... No matter what you type in User Name it tosses your email address up there instead. Seems kind of redundant.
    02-21-12 09:13 AM
    You're right... No matter what you type in User Name it tosses your email address up there instead. Seems kind of redundant.
    Strange. My g-mail is spotty (sometimes it comes in) and my google calendar is non-existent.

This sucks.
    02-21-12 09:14 AM
    Thanks guys, I had to reset my password then all worked fine, contacts there too!!!
    02-21-12 09:16 AM
    My Gmail works fine. I only had to enter my email address and password.
    Me too, worked first time and now working brilliantly.
    02-21-12 09:18 AM
    Am having exactly the same problem - keep getting a pop up saying enter password. Sometimes it accepts it sometimes it doesnt. Even when it does accept it is says cant connect to server.

This is really strange as i have 2 play books and set up 2 new gmail accounts today. 1 works fine and the other cant connect - have tried changin password but its still the same .

Any ideas?
    02-21-12 09:18 AM
    Mine works fine now after a couple of attempts.
    02-21-12 09:27 AM
    I had the same message but then remembered that I had turned on 2-step authentication for my Google account and had to go through the settings -> authentication for new device process. Works like a charm now. Very fast message updates and everything syncs flawlessly.
    You had to do this in Gmail correct?

I am having this same issue with 2 Step Authentication.
    02-21-12 09:37 AM
    Can I opt for the normal gmail interface instead of the mobile interface?

I tried www.gmail.com as the server address doesn't work. I also tried https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab=wm to no avail.

Going back to m.google.com as the default server gets the gmail account working fine.
    02-21-12 10:22 AM
    Can I opt for the normal gmail interface instead of the mobile interface?

I tried www.gmail.com as the server address doesn't work. I also tried https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab=wm to no avail.

Going back to m.google.com as the default server gets the gmail account working fine.
    You should be able to open your browser, go to google.com and tap the Gmail menu across the top.
    02-21-12 10:28 AM
    Hi

I had the same problem. I removed the GMail account. Then I re-added it but clicked the advanced button after entering my email address and password (in the initial account setup screen). In the advanced screen I removed the @gmail from the username section and it all seemed to work fine.
    02-21-12 10:30 AM
    How can you remove an account ?
    02-21-12 11:53 AM
    I have the same problem, same error message:
    "Your login information for account ([email protected]) has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again."

I get this same error trying to setup a Gmail or an Exchange account. See my other reply for the partial solution.
    Last edited by Allan-Vancouver; 02-21-12 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo
    02-21-12 12:00 PM
    How can you remove an account ?
    click the pencil icon from the accounts screen.
    02-21-12 12:02 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD