I need some help from you bb pros that dealt with this issue i am having. I basically cant connect the playbook to my computer. It doesn't get recognized in blackberry desktop software, and im useless without it cuz i need to install dingleberry!

if you guys know any quick fixes let me know. And if you dealt with this problem and over came it please share for me and others that are viewing this post for answers! would be greatly appreciated.

currently running os:2.0.0.6149 first time using the beta. wanted to get a kick out of it and dingle up my blackberry so i can get the app market from android.

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!!
    12-16-11 12:12 AM
    Simple answer stop using the beta os and be patient until official release to use android apps. Imo
    12-16-11 12:27 AM
    connect the PB to the desktop and then go to device manager and under network devices make sure the rim network device is enabled
    12-16-11 12:35 AM
    I can't remember what settings I had to set, but I had no trouble getting the Playbook connected to my Windows 7 PC over USB. I am now running Beta 0S2 on the Playbook, and I can still connect up. The PC asks me for the password each time. So, it can be done. I have ripped a few DVDs and transferred to the PB.
    12-16-11 12:52 AM
    I saw some other threads on google after hours of searching. u have to turn off bridge and wifi connection in order to connect to pc. sounds dumb but it worked for me. now i have another problem with dingleberry. i go through all the steps and when it comes to ssh part, it says failed and gives error something like:
    jailbreak failed /tmp/setuidgid

any help?
    junaid2pac and D Mac like this.
    12-16-11 01:53 AM
    Yeah im struggling with the same problem, I think I've tried everything, Doesn't even show up as connected device. The only thing that shows up is an icon in Network Connections for Playbook.
    12-16-11 01:58 AM
    I saw some other threads on google after hours of searching. u have to turn off bridge and wifi connection in order to connect to pc. sounds dumb but it worked for me. now i have another problem with dingleberry. i go through all the steps and when it comes to ssh part, it says failed and gives error something like:
    jailbreak failed /tmp/setuidgid

any help?
    Unbelievable, finally...thanks! K so I turned Wifi off and Wifi sharing off and file shairing on.

Wifi was causing it to not show up in Desktop
    Last edited by junaid2pac; 12-16-11 at 02:40 AM.
    12-16-11 02:37 AM
    Unbelievable, finally...thanks! K so I turned Wifi off and Wifi sharing off and file shairing on.

Wifi was causing it to not show up in Desktop
    aha no problem bro. now help me! lol
    12-16-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD