02-10-12 10:10 AM
29 12
tools
    Hey all... Loving my new PB and enjoying all the new apps daily. One thing I haven't figured out is...

Why can't I see jpg, mp3 files from my Torch 9800 on my PB via Bridge Files. I have two 9800 (torch) and can't see any files on either one.

I can copy files to my PB via windows explorer and they show up fine?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Rob
    04-25-11 11:56 AM
    I have the same problem since day 1. I'm thinking it has something to do with a BES IT security policy on the phone. I'm hoping not and that a future OS update will fix this.
    04-25-11 12:05 PM
    I just read another another article: http://blog.gnu-designs.com/my-first...berry-playbook
    and this user had the same issue - very strange!
    Hope someone has a answer, or a fix real soon.
    04-25-11 12:09 PM
    I get the suspicion that this is by design. If so, it seems like a design flaw to me.

:-)
    04-25-11 12:43 PM
    seems like media files aren't supported at this time via Bridge Files.
    Just downloaded a pdf file on my phone and could access that from my sd card.
    04-25-11 01:50 PM
    Seems a little odd. I guess despite all the media features they have packed into this thing, they've swung to the "business" end of things by pulling out support for bridged media files. Pathetic.

Glad I can play games on it tho.
    05-02-11 05:51 PM
    The new Facebook app allows you to select pictures from your phone. However, you can't see thumbnails, only file names, which makes identifying the pictures problematic.
    05-02-11 06:04 PM
    Should be fixed in the next OS update this week.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    05-02-11 06:38 PM
    Should be fixed in the next OS update this week.
    What makes you say that?
    05-02-11 07:50 PM
    From this post yesterday:
    Document Editing via BlackBerry Bridge

In addition to BBM, BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.3 now adds document-editing support via BlackBerry Bridge to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. This means that documents sitting on your BlackBerry smartphone can now be accessed via secure Bluetooth connection, edited on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet’s large high-resolution display and then saved back to your BlackBerry smartphone. Here are some important aspects of document editing via BlackBerry Bridge to note:

• File Access – Access to your pictures, documents, spreadsheets and slideshows via either email over BlackBerry Bridge or the BlackBerry Bridge files application. With BlackBerry Bridge, you can view photos and office documents and edit spreadsheets and text-based documents.
    • BlackBerry® Internet Service Support – When bridged to a BlackBerry smartphone with a BIS service plan, users can select to either save their document locally on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or back onto their BlackBerry smartphone SD card.
    • BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Support – When bridged to a BlackBerry smartphone operating on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, documents automatically get saved back to the BlackBerry smartphone SD card to help ensure corporate data is kept secure.

However, bad news is, I upgraded and still have no access to my media files!
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    05-03-11 01:26 PM
    Lots of threads on this...do some searching...
    05-03-11 01:35 PM
    Hey all... had this issue and sat on the phone with RIM for an hour or so... Hard Reboot fixed it...

Have you tried it? Hold down the power button along with the both +/- volume keys till it shuts off and give it a minute or so before turning it back on...

After that, you should be fine... it fixed my issue with not seeing the camera pics and video folders as well... they said it may have been a issue with the update where it just needed a hard reboot instead of a restart
    05-03-11 04:21 PM
    I am also having this issue. I've done all the updates, and I tried the hard reboot. If I browse the files on my 9800 from Bridge Files, doesn't show any of my media files.

It seems there is no easy way to transfer a picture I've taken with my Torch to my PB...
    05-03-11 04:33 PM
    Hard reset did not help me... Still can't see any pics via bridge.
    05-05-11 06:51 PM
    me neither anyone have it working?
    pblakeney likes this.
    05-05-11 10:48 PM
    The same with my pb. I can see documents like pdf and open it, but music and pictures at all.
    05-06-11 12:24 AM
    apparently its a wooden or bamboo bridge. not much use. can't do this can't do that.heheh
    05-06-11 12:25 AM
    Has this been solved yet? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    05-29-11 09:28 PM
    I was never able to see my blackberry pics on the bridge file on the playbook. finally called blackberry tech support and got help.
    they actually initially said there wasn't a solution and that they were waiting for another OS update but when i pushed they looked into it further.
    SOLUTION:
    • security wiped playbook - which reverts it back to the original shipping OS 1.0.0.0 - goto options gear (upper right) select "security", then "security wipe" and when it reboots
    • reloaded latest OS 1.0.6.2390

Couple points: before doing the wipe make sure to back up anything you want to keep.
    and apparently this fix is a "work around" until the next release....

good luck - been driving me crazy since the bridge file release glad to have it fixed - works great!
    Tcarb likes this.
    06-25-11 12:08 PM
    I was never able to see my blackberry pics on the bridge file on the playbook. finally called blackberry tech support and got help.
    they actually initially said there wasn't a solution and that they were waiting for another OS update but when i pushed they looked into it further.
    SOLUTION:
    • security wiped playbook - which reverts it back to the original shipping OS 1.0.0.0 - goto options gear (upper right) select "security", then "security wipe" and when it reboots

Couple points: before doing the wipe make sure to back up anything you want to keep.

good luck - been driving me crazy since the bridge file release glad to have it fixed - works great!
    The only real downside besides the time to backup/restore (I had 16gigs of stuff) is that you lose the HD Demo video. Apparently, to get that back you need to use a Debrick procedure (which some are now saying might not work any longer???)
    06-25-11 02:15 PM
    SOLUTION:

I just did the security wipe and reloaded OS 1.0.6.2390 and everything is working fine, I now got my bridge icons and can also see the pictures with the bridge files, I hadn't seem them since the last update, thanks for the posting.
    06-25-11 04:04 PM
    hello so im on os version 1.0.7.33 and i am having this problem cant see any mp3 files but i can see image files like jpg and png when i got to browse for files it shows the folders but the size is 0 bytes
    10-15-11 07:30 PM
    + 1 Soren .....
    10-16-11 01:56 AM
    Can photos be transferred between BB and PB via Bluetooth? Couldn't get that going today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 04:04 AM
    the bridge functionality is not complete. The only thing that has been implemented is viewing pictures.
    No playbook can , yet, view music or videos that r on the blackberry phone via the bridge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 08:57 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD