I suppose they had to do this to save memory? I am under Showcase, not Default, and when I minimize Need for Speed the game pauses. Not sure why they did this. It's one of the features I enjoyed showing off on the PlayBook the most.
    07-19-11 11:32 AM
    Ack! That sucks. I really enjoyed that feature and it was great to show off the power of the PlayBook.

I hope they will fix it!
    07-19-11 11:37 AM
    same thing here WTF rim??????
    07-19-11 11:58 AM
    I'm really hoping they bring it back.
    07-19-11 12:35 PM
    Disappointing. That's all I have to say. I expect this to be rectified.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 12:53 PM
    full multitasking*
    07-19-11 01:08 PM
    The should not take away that ability. Does it affect videos too?
    07-19-11 01:34 PM
    Maybe they were trying to help us out because not too many people will play NFS while minimized, lol. This saves us having to pause NFS before minimizing it without switching to "default" or "paused" mode in the settings. Normal desktop computers do that too sometimes with other games anyway. But yeah, it is cool to show off.
    Last edited by chiefbroski; 07-23-11 at 12:44 AM. Reason: better english
    szparaj likes this.
    07-19-11 01:39 PM
    What?
    07-19-11 01:52 PM
    Maybe they were trying to help us out because not too many people will play NFS while minimized, lol. Saved us having to pause the game to mimize it without switching to default or paused mode. Normal desktop computers do that too sometimes anyway. But yeah, it is cool to show off.
    I'm thinking they probably added this to try and help us out and avoid having to pause the game ourselves when switching between apps. However it was a cool feature to have!

This doesn't affect videos though and I'll add that zooming in on videos is very smooth.
    07-19-11 02:04 PM
    I'm thinking they probably added this to try and help us out and avoid having to pause the game ourselves when switching between apps. However it was a cool feature to have!

This doesn't affect videos though and I'll add that zooming in on videos is very smooth.
    I do believe it's as designed. Only the two EA title do it. must've bee a feature they used that didn't work until the last patch. I know this because even PlayDoom works in background. even have it running while typing this. Does suck that it pauses, but now you can show off Doom running in bg until Q3 comes out
    07-22-11 06:32 PM
    How do you play NFS while it's minimized?
    07-22-11 07:20 PM
    I think I remember this being a feature that went away with the NFS update a month or so ago.
    07-22-11 08:26 PM
    Need for Speed and Tetris and the camera freeze when minimized. I tried all other things like movies, music etc they were all running live while minimized or were running live in the background. Some other apps I tried were running too, when minimized.

I am sure RIM is beta testing this for one reason or another, but will have to correct this in the future as the OS can handle this with ease and it is the playbooks big advantage and selling point. Either way, if it is a bug in the OS or done to test memory, I am sure in the next update it will be fixed.
    07-23-11 01:13 AM
    I personally prefer that it pauses when I switch to another app. Yes, it is great to show the OS; but practically it was bugging having to pause every time I got an email.

howarmat likes this.
    07-23-11 03:29 AM
    I personally prefer that it pauses when I switch to another app. Yes, it is great to show the OS; but practically it was bugging having to pause every time I got an email.

exactly...its great to show off but not practical. The way it is now is the way that it SHOULD work. same as any other platform
    07-23-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD