Why can't I open a .txt doc on my playbook but I have no problem on my storm. I would think that docs to go would be able to open this.
    09-27-11 09:03 AM
    Using one of the file mangers, change the file extension from .txt to .doc and Words to Go will open it.
    09-27-11 09:11 AM
    Using one of the file mangers, change the file extension from .txt to .doc and Words to Go will open it.
    Confirmed...that's what I do using "File Browser"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 09:48 AM
    so how would i do this if the file is an attachment to an email. do i do this on the phone first or on the playbook also what program do i use. the only program i have is air browser thanks for the help.
    09-27-11 11:28 AM
    Download, save, rename on the pb. Airbrowser would be fine.

Some of the file managers do have plain text viewers.
    09-27-11 12:15 PM
    I can't download the files onto the playbook. It says unsupported file. If i download onto phone I can't see it.
    09-27-11 02:12 PM
    We recenly released v2.5 of Files & Folders, which includes a plain text viewer.

The new version also allows you to treat ZIP files as if they were folders, copying and pasting individual files in & out, single-tap zip/unzip, EXIF thumbnail support and more.

Some users can also access their BB phone files from Files & Folders via Bridge, but check using the trail version first - it doesn't work for all models & versions of BB phone.
    09-27-11 02:50 PM
    You can try looking on your bb phone. SDcard/blackberry/documents/bridge.

That's the hierarchy.
    09-27-11 03:04 PM
    Playbook...The tablet for Business!

Sigh!
    sagec and Fmar like this.
    04-19-12 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD