So when I receive an e-mail with a hotlink I can never click or open it. In fact, all links appear as plain text an not as links at all. Now, a normal workaround would be to copy the text and paste it into the browser but this isnt't possible either. Has anyone figured a way around his yet?
    andyJH likes this.
    01-08-12 11:02 AM
    Are you using email in the bridge or a web-based email? I use my bridged email and haven't had a problem with links. I just click on it and the site pops up in the browser.

That said, I have no experience with web-based email on the Playbook.
    01-08-12 11:16 AM
    I'm using bridged e-mail. Note also that opening links on my 9800 poses no issues at all.
    01-08-12 11:31 AM
    Private BIS phone or Corp BES phone?

In any event, if the links are not active (mine are but it sometimes depends on how the originator sent the email - plaintext versus html), start a REPLY to the email, then in that reply, you can copy/paste, so copy the link, then cancel the reply and paste the link into the browser - roundabout but it should work.
    01-08-12 11:44 AM
    Private BIS phone or Corp BES phone?

In any event, if the links are not active (mine are but it sometimes depends on how the originator sent the email - plaintext versus html), start a REPLY to the email, then in that reply, you can copy/paste, so copy the link, then cancel the reply and paste the link into the browser - roundabout but it should work.
    Private phone. Tried the workaround with the Reply but I can't even bring up the copy/paste/select menu. I've had that issue before with the bridge E-mail.
    01-08-12 12:03 PM
    mine is the same. all links show as plain text. and i can't copy in bridge and paste in PB. i thought it is something RIM needs to improve. interesting it works for some one else.
    01-08-12 12:18 PM
    Did you buy the phone new? Some folks wind up with IT policies on used phones.

I just brought up an email, started a REPLY and was able to Press/Hold and get the copy/cancel prompt with the sliding arrows.
    01-08-12 12:31 PM
    The phone is new. It's definitely the Playbook acting weird.
    01-08-12 12:43 PM
    Did you buy the phone new? Some folks wind up with IT policies on used phones.

I just brought up an email, started a REPLY and was able to Press/Hold and get the copy/cancel prompt with the sliding arrows.
    after you copied in bridge, were you able to paste in PB? i am with BES, but not sure which policy would block this.
    01-08-12 02:37 PM
    I just opened an email from a friend where she mentioned the AARP newsletter. I started my REPLY. I press/held (it took a while) and the copy arrows showed up. I highlighted AARP and copied it.

Then in Hatax Simple Browser I pasted that into the url. Pressed go and google search came up with AARP entries.

So, yes, I was also able to PASTE after copying.

I don't know anything about BES, so can't help you there.
    01-08-12 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD