So, I ended up buying a PlayBook last night, and everything is absolutely fantastic so far, but every time I try to make a purchase from the application store, it says "Authenticating..." and never makes any progress. Thinking it may be an account issue, I tried to enter the payment information from the top menu, which leads to the same result. Maybe I'm just being too impatient but when I let it sit for a while the authentication screen just goes away with no results.

Any ideas?

EDIT: that should be app store, spell check is a little overzealous I suppose, haha.
    Last edited by Jawnie5; 07-23-12 at 09:34 AM.
    07-23-12 09:30 AM
    You have given appworld your paypal or credit card info? There's some place where you have to do that but it's been a while and I don't recall the url or whatever to establish your payment plan.
    07-23-12 09:43 PM
    There was maintenance affecting BlackBerry ID which might necessitate you rebooting the tablet or at the very least signing out of BlackBerry AppWorld and then re-authenticating. If this fails to resolve the behaviour, contact BlackBerry PlayBook support.
    07-23-12 10:49 PM
    Did you buy in new in an unopened box or used?
    07-24-12 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD