I am constantly getting the "Sign in with your BlackBerry ID" pop-up and can't get rid of it.

When I try to sign in my PlayBook won't accept my password. When I click on Forgot Password I get a message "Network connection error. Please check your connection settings and try again".

This is driving me nuts.
    11-09-13 09:07 AM
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/ Try going to the website from your PC, change it with some email address that you have never used before. Once you're able to login, then change it back on the PC and login with the old BBID again.
    11-09-13 01:23 PM
    There is an article on Blackberry id available in the knowledge base.

BlackBerry ID User Guide -- 3 **
    Contents About BlackBerry ID 4 Benefits of your BlackBerry ID 4 How do I reset my lost or forgotten BlackBerry ID password? 5 Creating a new BlackBerry ID 6 Can I use my BlackBerry ID on multiple ...

ID: en28432BlackBerry_ID-User_Guide--1590032-0505111340-001-US**|** Published: 2/20/13**|**
    11-09-13 01:42 PM
    Resetting BB ID apparently does require a security wipe. See KB 26694.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    11-09-13 01:55 PM
    To change a BBID on a device the device has to be security wiped first. There is no other way.

OP try logging in from a pc to be sure username and password are actually correct.
    Make sure your network connection is actually functioning fully.
    Try and hard reboot the device

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-09-13 03:42 PM
    Page 11 of the short manual on the Blackberry ID gives instruction on what to do if you have forgotten your password. Since OP is not getting results from using the PB would try the option of using the computer. If that doesn't work would call Blackberry support and seek help citing that outlined procedures have been followed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Can't log on with BlackBerry ID-1384067936393.jpg  
    11-10-13 01:19 AM
    Thanks for all your comments.

I thought my password was incorrect, based on the message on my PB, but I just confirmed on blackberry.com that it is correct.

That "Network/Connection Error..." message is still stopping me. I am definitely connected since I can read mail, etc.

I always get that message, which prevents me from downloading apps etc.

How to get rid of it?
    11-10-13 05:04 PM
    Thanks for all your comments.

I thought my password was incorrect, based on the message on my PB, but I just confirmed on blackberry.com that it is correct.

That "Network/Connection Error..." message is still stopping me. I am definitely connected since I can read mail, etc.

I always get that message, which prevents me from downloading apps etc.

How to get rid of it?
    How is your PB connected? Via a mobile network, wifi, tethering?
    How ever it is connecting to the internet at the moment I would try a different option.
    Are you trying to login from the App World only or have you tried via settings?
    Is the Pb on the most up to date software release?
    Have you tried doing a hard reboot on the device? By holding the volume rockers until the device starts to reboot?
    11-10-13 05:19 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions. Please see my notes below:

How is your PB connected? Via a mobile network, wifi, tethering? ** Wifi to my home network.
    How ever it is connecting to the internet at the moment I would try a different option. ** Will go to a coffee shop and try.
    Are you trying to login from the App World only or have you tried via settings? ** Yes, result is the same both ways.
    Is the Pb on the most up to date software release? ** Shows: 2.1.0.1753 Supposedly up to date.
    Have you tried doing a hard reboot on the device? By holding the volume rockers until the device starts to reboot? ** Yes, no change.
    11-11-13 06:47 PM
    I meant try connect the device a different way, like Internet tethering, I doubt the Internet cafe will make much difference.

If you still aren't winning, your only option might just be backing up the device and security wiping it

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-11-13 07:47 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions. Please see my notes below:

How is your PB connected? Via a mobile network, wifi, tethering? ** Wifi to my home network.
    How ever it is connecting to the internet at the moment I would try a different option. ** Will go to a coffee shop and try.
    Are you trying to login from the App World only or have you tried via settings? ** Yes, result is the same both ways.
    Is the Pb on the most up to date software release? ** Shows: 2.1.0.1753 Supposedly up to date.
    Have you tried doing a hard reboot on the device? By holding the volume rockers until the device starts to reboot? ** Yes, no change.
    Just another question. Have you tried resetting your connection. That is unplug your router,turnoff your modem and wait two minutes. Then turn on your modem and wait until it gets started and then plug in your router.

I just got through resetting my system. My playbook had the ZyXEL router listed as WEP but is actually WPA2 and so it wouldn't connect to the internet. My laptop would not connect either with the same router. Following the procedure above fixed things. So maybe yojr modem/router connection is at fault.
    11-11-13 11:56 PM
    Just another question. Have you tried resetting your connection. That is unplug your router,turnoff your modem and wait two minutes. Then turn on your modem and wait until it gets started and then plug in your router.

I just got through resetting my system. My playbook had the ZyXEL router listed as WEP but is actually WPA2 and so it wouldn't connect to the internet. My laptop would not connect either with the same router. Following the procedure above fixed things. So maybe yojr modem/router connection is at fault.
    Thanks for your suggestion.

I have no trouble connecting to the net, in spite of the "Error" message. I've had the problem for months now and the modem has been reset several times with no effect on the Error.
    11-13-13 03:36 PM
    Had same issue for weeks - drove me crazy trying to find solution.
    - nothing wrong with wi-fi connection, could browse and check email OK
    - nothing wrong with blackberry ID, verified through phone and PC
    Found this on blackberry forum - worked for me right away.
    1. turn off wi-fi
    2. go to wi-fi settings
    3. delete ALL saved wi-fi networks
    4. turn off playbook
    5. turn on playbook
    6. turn on wi-fi
    7. connect / setup your wi-fi connection again
    - I did not change any router or wi-fi settings on my home network
    12-05-13 06:49 AM
    I'm getting the same pop-up and the same message when I try to sign in. Tried using a different email address etc etc, but just the same.

Did you manage to solve the problem??

Like you, it's driving me nuts!!
    12-08-14 06:27 AM