I still use the PC for sideliading PB apps. I've removed everything from my old PC but it still is out of space.
    The add/remove programes shows a long list of Windows XP updates and Windows security updates from 2007 right up to 2014.
    Can I remove some of the older ones safely to create space? Up to what year us it safe to remove these updates?
    01-03-15 12:03 PM
    First empty your "Recycle Bin". Deleting files from your PC won't free up any space until these items are deleted from the "Recycle Bin".
    01-03-15 08:39 PM
    My trash bin is empty. As I said the add/remove list shows a very long list of windows updates going back ti 2007. What I really want to know os can I safely delete any of these old updates.
    01-05-15 08:07 AM
    Do not uninstall security updates. That would make your system, you guessed it, less secure. XP itself is EOL as of April 2014, too.

How big of a hard drive do you have to work with? Are there any programs or Windows features you could uninstall? You could also try the Disk Cleanup option (right click your hard drive in My Computer and you'll see that option.)
    castoridae likes this.
    01-05-15 08:38 AM
    Do not uninstall security updates. That would make your system, you guessed it, less secure. XP itself is EOL as of April 2014, too.

How big of a hard drive do you have to work with? Are there any programs or Windows features you could uninstall? You could also try the Disk Cleanup option (right click your hard drive in My Computer and you'll see that option.)
    I've moved everything I can think of, like photos, to the external drive I just bought. I will move iTunes and all the music over to this external memory. I think having albums sitting in the iTunes library takes up mega space.
    I'll take a look at what you said. The only thing I was looking at for using up extra space was in the add/remove section.
    01-05-15 09:45 AM