if i have my calculator open i cant open my browser whenever i try it closes after a few seconds
    12-17-11 10:52 PM
    No problems here. I opened calc first then the browser and vicd-versa ... both are running fine. Just for grins, when is the last time you did a restart? Sometimes that's all that's needed to set everything right.
    12-17-11 11:12 PM
    i am also getting a median error message when i try to play videos
    12-17-11 11:40 PM
    First try Battery Icon: Restart.

If that does not clear your errors

Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown
    12-18-11 12:17 AM
    fixed the first issue but not the second. anything else?
    12-18-11 12:39 AM
    you could always try a security wipe.
    12-18-11 02:00 AM
    Woah...I just read this thread and thought "of course you can have the calculator and the browser open at the same time...look..." When I opened the calculator, it didn't do anything and now its stuck on the loading screen. I'm on the latest OS 2 though. I will have an experiment and see if what makes it work.
    12-18-11 03:26 AM
    As I'm reading this thread, I tuned on some music, loaded up the calculator, and opened up one of my Kobo books....all seem to be functioning fine.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-18-11 04:37 AM
    I have discovered that if the browser is open, then I try to open the calculator, it doesn't work. If the browser is shut and the calculator is opened first, the browser can be opened and they both work fine.

Strange! Wonder if anything else has problems like this. It may be a bug with the latest beta OS. I will check the beta forums over on the blackberry site later today.
    12-18-11 04:44 AM
    No problems here using the latest beta. Doesn't matter which I open first, the calculator and browser both open fine
    12-18-11 05:02 AM
    OS 1.08x and no problems whatsoever.
    12-18-11 07:56 AM
    No problems here on latest beta.
    12-18-11 08:20 AM
    I guess I did run into a situation a while ago where the Browser imploded. After that the only app which would open was the calculator. No other apps opened. They would kind of start to load their opening screen and then .. gone. But the calc would continue working. A 3-finger reboot fixed it. This was on a regular OS (never have had the beta) a few upgrades back.
    12-18-11 09:43 AM
    If you're running into weirdness like this, check your free RAM. Enter Settings (gear icon at upper right on main screen), About page, tap on dropdown and select Hardware, then look at Free Memory.

Generally, I think, any issue like this results from low RAM, and I believe the low-memory handling is perhaps a bit butchered in the 2.0 beta right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they've just turned it off, as rather than turfing the least-recently-used app as it used to, I often have it cancel my attempt to launch the new app.

Another reason mainstream users mostly shouldn't be using this beta...
    12-18-11 11:22 AM
    i am running the latest update issued by rim. i can open some of my videos but i csnt ff through them i have to watch them through the beginning
    12-18-11 12:25 PM
    i am running the latest update issued by rim. i can open some of my videos but i csnt ff through them i have to watch them through the beginning
    I have not tried ff through all of mine but have done it when needed. But if there is an issue, it might have something to do with the coding of the video or music.
    12-18-11 01:14 PM
    Works fine for my 1.08.6067
    12-18-11 01:36 PM
    Memory reclamation, memory leaks, and general garbage collection routines within the operating system and applications could explain the seemingly random behaviour. I rarely experience applications locking up and failing to load completely but it has happened. A quick reboot (soft) usually corrected the problem. The brightest bulbs are not developing the core functionality of this tablet a they struggle with even the simplest of features.
    12-18-11 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD