I finally got my Playbook today, came home all excited to set it up. However, the Wifi connection I originally selected is not working properly. The update gets all the way to the end, but then says it is unable to install the update. I've tried more than a few times, and it gives me the same message. As far as I can see, there is no way to change the Wifi I want to use. What should I do ?
    12-01-11 10:53 PM
    Open your settings menu by hitting the little gear on your top menu and change your wifi selected. you can move available networks up and down to prioritize them in the list.

G'luck!
    12-01-11 11:06 PM
    I can't do anything. I'm stuck on the first screen where you have to do the update to even use the device. The only options I have are to turn it off or try the update again.
    12-01-11 11:17 PM
    do you have multiple wifi connections to try to connect to? Make sure to leave the range of the original wifi connection so if cannot reconnect to that connection.
    12-01-11 11:21 PM
    See if you can disable wireless N on your router. This has worked for many.
    12-02-11 12:18 AM
    If you swipe diagonally from the top right corner towards the bottom left corner you should bring up the top menu and this will have the settings you need. the setup process allows you to select wifi connection at one point as well right? that's the screen you need to get to.
    12-02-11 12:42 AM
    Had same problem Saturday night. On/Off and hard reset didn't work. Final fix seemed to be simple - wait. But be prepared for that to be for several hours as it was for me (repeated Update failure 6PM-midnight Saturday, but worked fine Sunday AM).

Server overload? System instability? Who cares - it just ... doesn't ... work properly.

- R.
    12-02-11 02:46 AM
    I was going to wait to set them up christmas day buy I'm wondering if the system is going to overload that morning ???
    12-02-11 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD