So I've been around the block when it comes to BlackBerry. I've had my share of phones. But now I need help with my playbook. No one seems to have this exact problem that is getting worse. I can't call rim at this moment although I have talked with them. To begin it started last night. I have my pb in stand by as I do but then I go to use it around 9 and the browser doesn't work. It quits. Closes out all by its self. And I mean its only on the screen for about 3-5 seconds then closes. I do my homework and it turns out that I may have to reload the os. So I try to email my important documents to myself and again, the native msgs app closes out after about 5 seconds. The only other app to do this is any bridged apps and Scoremobile.

So I do the hard resets, your 3 finger sulute, holding power for 15 and 30 seconds, volume up and power, nothing! And by this point maybe evey other time it restarts it is on a loop of the "splash screen". So I decided to leave it off over night. Next day, today, I turn it on and something. Now this time every 4 restarts it actually boots up the os properly and not looping the splash screen.

So I break down and call rim and they have me do some stuff. I get the new version of DTM and now they have me back because they want me to repair the update. But I have 12 gigs to back up so it takes some time and the man on the phone asks if I want him to stay on or if he can tell me what to do and hang up. So I let him go and do the following; turn off my pb once its backed up, plug in, DTM can't acces it so it asks to retry or update, I hit update and it asks me to repair, I repair and it tells me some BS that the OS can't be found and cancels. And I tried to dl the OS manuelly but I don't find it.

Last resport is I go to security wipe it after restarting it THREE TIMES since its looping. So I wipe it. It takes 30 min and still looping splash screen. 1 hour and still looping. Nothing and I'm out of ideas and I can't call rim for a little bit, in a meeting for the next 2 hrs but I can still mess with my pb during. Using my phone to type this out.

Thanks for looking and some import. Plz help!
    12-27-12 10:12 PM
    Sounds corrupted for sure. I would use CFp or dingleberry to wipe it clean and rewrite a new OS manually. My PlayBook had all kinds of issues at one time and just like you DM wouldn't work nothing would work. So I read up on using cfp and when I felt confident enough, I wiped and rewrote the OS with CfP. My PlayBook hasn't so much as flinched since. Its been running like a champ for 7 months.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-27-12 10:42 PM
    I was so impressed that I wiped and wrote my other PlayBook with cfp as well. It seems like the cleanest way to install an OS.

12-27-12 10:43 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, what is cfp and where can I find it? How do you rewrite the os?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    12-27-12 10:55 PM
    What Applications do you have loaded on your Playbook?
    12-27-12 11:31 PM
    You can search cfp and how to use it right here in these forums.

Just please make sure you read up and feel confident in using it as a wrong step could screw up your PlayBook.
    12-27-12 11:58 PM
    I was so impressed that I wiped and wrote my other PlayBook with cfp as well. It seems like the cleanest way to install an OS.

Is there a pretty thorough explanation or tutorial on how to do the cfp reload and where to get the OS image needed for the process.
    12-28-12 12:02 AM
    Well I got it to work from the security wipe now. Let's hope it stays working. In the mean time I'll look into cfp just incase.
    12-28-12 12:59 AM
    You should make sure you get your complaints heard to RIM. For a year old tablet, this s frankly not acceptable. I hope your tablet keeps your needs satisfied into the far future.
    12-28-12 01:56 AM
    I'm guessing its an app that's messing it up. Because it worked after the wipe but one I restored it, it went back to being stoopid. But I will keep calling! I have 33 days left of warranty!
    12-28-12 03:42 PM