Since I have verizon I have not followed the issue with at&t and Bridge. Could it be an at&t ,limitation on how bridge works?
    05-15-11 04:58 PM
    I wondered that also but see pcar is on at&t. You can search in the adobe app, I watched the video.
    05-15-11 05:04 PM
    Also have you saved the pdf on your blackberry in a folder?
    05-15-11 05:05 PM
    Is your phone still bridged to your Playbook when you look for the PDF?

I just sent myself a PDF and when it comes in I will check and see what happens and where if goes. If I remember correctly, attachments were stored on the SD card in the phone under a directory called bridge. So as noted in an earlier post, is the SD card in your phone full?

I am not on a corporate BES, just a regular customer on BIS.

Robert
    05-15-11 05:09 PM
    @vecharo: I think I have done as much as I can without getting a degree in programming.
    @kbz1960: the files are properly named, "eg, document.pdf", and the Adobe icon is prominent so there's no question that it's the right type of document. Interesting: I tried to download the PDFs on my BB, and I'm getting an error message: "Desktop message not found or radio failure. Resend?"
    When I bought my PB, I had to upgrade my BB Bold to a BB Torch in order to talk to the PB. I did not realize that the Torch is not able to read PDFs--my Bold read them just fine. I wonder if I have to go to Apps World to retrieve Adobe?
    05-15-11 05:24 PM
    I think there is a torch issue, too. So you might want to searchfor torch in this forum.
    champeney59 likes this.
    05-15-11 05:31 PM
    @F2: Will keep trying. Thanks for hanging in there with me.
    05-15-11 05:35 PM
    I just tried emailing myself pdf's and I can see them on the Torch, but no link to them on the email when I open it on the PlayBook when bridged. It has worked in the past. They may be changing something on the Blackberry servers that is affecting it. If I were you I would call it a night on the PDF files and try again tomorrow.

Incidentally, I was able to open PDF from older emails by using the Adobe Reader application and choosing the BlackBerry 9800 and they were stored at the following location on the Torch's SD card.

/Blackberry/SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/Bridge

Robert
    champeney59 likes this.
    05-15-11 05:47 PM
    @robsteve: I think it may be a Torch issue. I have already tried opening Adobe reader and pointing to the BB instead of the PB, to no avail. I'm burned out on this one for tonight and will take your advice to try again tomorrow--at the very least call RIM to get answers.
    05-15-11 06:25 PM
    couldn't get an attachment to open on mine either but I think that might have been bridge from BES..
    05-15-11 07:06 PM
    I've bridged my 9000, my 9100 and 9800 with the PB for grins and no problems with PDFs, and kbz1960 you are correct that I'm on ATT.

so with all this, its now pointing to your Torch and how it handles PDFs. Think of all the troubleshooting steps you'll be able to tell BB support that you don't have to do again and now focus on the handset vs the PB.

We ought to add this step to our mental troubleshooting process regarding bridge issues: Does (fill in the blank) work on your BB phone?
    champeney59 likes this.
    05-15-11 08:15 PM
    @pcar: That helps a great deal to know that we may have narrowed this down to a Torch issue. I will try support tomorrow. Good night all!
    05-15-11 10:26 PM
    Let us know what you find out.
    05-16-11 08:35 PM
    I have the same issue, I try to open an attachment and it says "Downloading" then stops. It happens to me with 2 different Playbooks for 2 different users, both on Torch 9800's. I am on a BES however which is different from your scenario and the attachment will open on either 9800. The weird thing is that I have created a Gmail account on the Torch and I can open the attachment from that account while bridged..
    All that to say I'm not convinced that its a Torch issue. I am going to try my Bold 9700 today and will post results.
    05-17-11 06:50 AM
    I need help just getting the PDF to open. I'm not getting ANYTHING. No download; no files are showing up anywhere. And no option to just view the thing. I really need someone who can help me who has had the situation where they couldn't open (or view) their attachment, could not see it downloaded anywhere, and managed to fix the problem. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it's not helpful to me to hear that you were able to open or view your PDFs with no problem. That just makes me feel horribly incompetent. I think the problem is that the technology is not intuitive. At this point, I'll be happy if I can just VIEW the document, even if I can't download it. It's why I bought the thing!
    Its a big ... see response from BB tech support below, and the work around only works some of the time.

From: BlackBerry Customer Support [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:53 PM
    To: Bruce Clement
    Subject: RE: INC000022876409

Hello Bruce,

I have looked in to this issue more, and it appears that it is something that our development team is currently working on. I do not have a time frame for when it will be fixed, but I do have a workaround.
    If you save the files to an SD card inserted in your Torch, you can use the Bridge Files application to open each of the affected files.
    I apologize for the delay in finding this workaround for you.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us either by replying to this message or by calling us at one of the numbers below.

Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Kate
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com
    05-17-11 07:10 AM
    If you're using BES or BESX you need to have ver 4.1.5 or higher. This allows for downloading of attachments.

Make sure both devices are up to date. The latest OS version of the playbook requires the newest Blackberry bridge (. Otherwise it will not work...Spent hours troubleshooting this for my CEO.
    06-30-11 04:10 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD