Just got my curve, very impressed with it for �50.00, not going to replace my desire hd any time soon but defiantly nice.

Anyway, I am trying to connect to my playbook to use the curve as a remote. I manage to find it via bluetooth and pair them but when I go to connect from my playbook the connect device button is grayed out and unavailable.

I don't have a sim card in the blackberry, no orange sims around and its carrier locked. Would this effect it? Anyone know how I can fix this? can't wait to use it as a remote and become lazy.

cheers
    03-06-12 09:14 AM
    i dont know if BIS affects bridge, but it might
    03-06-12 09:20 AM
    I can use my 8520 with full bridge functions so it may be something to do with you not using a sim card. Some phones will not turn on fully without one in place.
    03-06-12 09:28 AM
    did you get the latest bridge?
    03-06-12 09:46 AM
    Did you merely pair them up or did you use the Bridge apps on both devices to BRIDGE them? It is unclear from your message. The phone does not come with the Bridge app, you need to download it from appworld. Oh, hmmm. If don't have a bb plan that could be an issue. I would suggest rroyy.com if you can use wifi on the phone to download the proper version of the bridge app.
    helsinki98 and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-06-12 09:53 AM
    Did you merely pair them up or did you use the Bridge apps on both devices to BRIDGE them? It is unclear from your message. The phone does not come with the Bridge app, you need to download it from appworld. Oh, hmmm. If don't have a bb plan that could be an issue. I would suggest rroyy.com if you can use wifi on the phone to download the proper version of the bridge app.
    I downloaded the app from rroyy.com and folowed the instructions. works perfectly now!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-06-12 10:16 AM
    I downloaded the app from rroyy.com and folowed the instructions. works perfectly now!
    F2 : the pain killing touch !
    03-06-12 10:18 AM
    Thanks for posting back.

We will have to remember this as there may be more "add on" bb phones for their Remote but purchased without data plans.

I think someone may have also posted a way to do it with jad files (a bbphone install module) on the phone but that is a bit more complicated, I think.
    03-06-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD