At this point I'm not sure what you have tried. Maybe you should hang on till you have to wipe the PB and not worry about the "missing" space. (I know I would like to clean up, too, but maybe it is not worth it at this point).

Open Ghost Commander. Only worry about the LEFT column.

Try navigating UP using the very topmost, leftmost Folder icon. Now choose Local Storage and tap it.

Now you will see "/sdcard/ at the top.

Again tap the top icon looking like a folder with an arrow.

Scroll UP and you will see

Apps/ (as a folder icon)

Explore around there. Be CAREFUL do not delete anything you are not sure about. Now if the official app did not fully install it may or may NOT show up.

Good luck
    08-30-13 12:08 PM
    F2, it's worth a try, but, I don't think that it will be successful. That folder seems (with one exception) to be pretty much locked down. You can't do anything with it. Try deleting a folder, the system won't let you. Try copying a file or folder in apps and pasting it into one of the PB media folders- the system won't let you. Try pasting a file into that folder- the system won't let you. In fact, Ghost (as does files and Folders) shows all folders in apps to be empty. Whether in fact they're empty, I don't know. The one exception seems to be the sys.android folder, which does in fact contain files which can be copied and then pasted. You still can't paste files into this folder, though, and I'm not going to try deleting any files from here, but I suspect that this can't be done either.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-30-13 01:22 PM
    So, a Security Wipe (only if wifi is present for the full restoration) may be what's left.
    08-30-13 01:37 PM
    Or, what I think I suggested before. Which is, clearing out space on his Playbook and then try reinstalling the app. That way, hopefully, the install files will be overwritten and the cleanup can take place at the end of the install.
    08-30-13 01:44 PM
    Or, what I think I suggested before. Which is, clearing out space on his Playbook and then try reinstalling the app. That way, hopefully, the install files will be overwritten and the cleanup can take place at the end of the install.
    Yes, I thought I, too, suggested that way back when.

I finally did a security wipe on my rather full 64gig when I denied one or two apps permissions and then they would never run or Kalemsoft would throw up an error message. Since they were not in Permissions, the only thing was to wipe. I hate backup and restore (manual) but it worked. But I think the OP may have wifi issues which can hamper a full reload???
    08-30-13 05:03 PM
30 12